Things are starting to come together

very skimpy and sketchy welds on newer style bracket. older style one piece design is really beefy. good deal, glad you got it fixed.

That brake line block on the rear looks like it’s mounted upside down to me also.
Ha! Thanks Fred and Jamie, I will try to rotate it up. Although I used the hard lines to kind of position it, maybe I routed them wrong? Also keep in mind the rear is pretty much at full extension, the floor jack is just there to support its weight while I swapped out the CalTrac brackets.

EDIT: Yeah looking at interweb pics I have it upside down!

Your lines are right I think. That block is upside diwn.

Attachments

• 20210816_130545.jpg
    20210816_130545.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 41
Looked at my brackets today… the welds are good and my brackets aren’t bent the way yours were. Maybe their welder had a bad day when making your set?!? :rolleyes:

I have the new style bracket like the sets you broke. I do like those old style much better though. They should go back to offering them as they look much more robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the new style bracket like the sets you broke. I do like those old style much better though. They should go back to offering them as they look much more robust.

Interestingly enough, they ended up sending me a new set that are the "old" design :)

OK, it's fully back together and seems to be running. Drove it up and down the driveway and then out on my street a bit, it's daytime and I need to get it inspected, but no parts fell off :) . CalTracs are on and adjusted (pic is from before I tightened it down) and all seems good. It now needs an alignment bad! Also need to swap that effing rear brake line and clean up the old VSS wiring as I used part of it to splice the new VSS in to.

20220226_230205428_iOS.jpg

20220228_003014632_iOS.jpg

Looks great! Drive the wheels off of it! I want to drive mine so bad. I Still have 1000 little things to get mine running. And one big thing to conquer.

Awesome job! Next time we need a longer video with some burnouts, a few launches, and a full walk around. I'm still going through withdrawals after parting with mine.

Awesome job! Next time we need a longer video with some burnouts, a few launches, and a full walk around. I'm still going through withdrawals after parting with mine.
Soon™! I bought a Dragy, can't wait to try it out.

It got a bath yesterday. I also took it on a bit longer drive around the neighborhood yesterday and the front end doesn't look so out of whack now as far as alignment goes. Still going to have it checked, but looks much better. Have some small stuff to do in the meantime like get the front valence on, wire up the line lock, and then try the Megasquirt 2-step! I'll probably also some time in the near future hook up the Microsquirt as I am all out of I/O and I want to add gear position, a 2nd O2, and the front VSS.

But for now I am going to get it inspected and enjoy :)

20220228_230817238_iOS.jpg

I just bought a Dragy, too. Now I have to find a straight, flat place to use it, which is a lot harder here than it is in Texas!

I should probably try it in the the slow truck before testing my car or fast truck!

I just bought a Dragy, too. Now I have to find a straight, flat place to use it, which is a lot harder here than it is in Texas!

I should probably try it in the the slow truck before testing my car or fast truck!
Awesome! Yeah I am going to give it a shot in the 2019 Ecoboost truck 1st

Where are you guys buying them from. I’ve been thinking about getting one myself.

Back