The XLerator System

Icepick

Dual 3" side exit system,

Features 1 3/4 or 1 5/8 headers with either HTS or ceramic coating... 14" case X-muffler with either catalytic converters "or" twister mufflers in there place... The exit location is in front of the passengers side tire with dual 3" coated tips. This system is loud and powerful! With the twisters mufflers it has a very aggressive pro-street type of sound... It will have a considerable amount of interior drone and I would not recommend it if you want to drive your truck a lot... With catalytic converters it is much quieter system and will have moderate interior drone... This is a "complete" exhaust and everthing necessay for installation is included! The price for these systems are as follows...

$1199. with 1 3/4 ceramic coated headers

$1119. with 1 5/8 ceramic coated headers

$1099. with 1 3/4 HTS coated headers

$1019. with 1 5/8 HTS coated headers

The exhaust system cost without the headers is $700.

If you want provisions to run the air pump into the exhaust add $25.

The system in the picture below has the ceramic coated headers and catalytic converters

21851-885-15309.jpg

This is what the muffler looks like cut open...

21851-885-15968.jpg

Sound clip of the XLerator system with catalytic converters:
Click HERE and listen to the actual sound

Sound clip of the XLerator system with Twisters mufflers:
Click HERE and listen to the actual sound

Orders can be placed by calling (937) 287-5085
Visa & Master Card excepted.

Thanks,

Last edited:
no converters... in there place is a set of twister mufflers which are a very high flow spiral design race muffler...

I will tell you what, no really lol...........that second clip is it! That is so oldschool muscle sounding I can't believe it.

I've got to try to adapt that system to my......hate to say it....Bronco with a hot lill 357"er.

Thats it, thats the best sound on a late model vehicle period that I've heard in a long long time.

Old muscle, slightly more common, but later model and truck.............WOW, that sounds great.

What is the 14" case X-muffler?

Cool... Glad you like it! That system is not for the faint of heart!

An X-muffler has an X crossover built into it...

Here's a pic of one cut open...
21851-885-15968.jpg

The Magna Flow muffler I sell is the same way... It is just larger with different packing inside...

Thanks for the additional pic.

Any other sound or vid clips with that later exhaust system? Just to give me more of an idea of the loudness, etc.

Also, curious about what truck that is on and what engine with what mods. Again, trying to get an idea of how similar I could get to that sound with my little 357.

What ci, heads, cam, intake, is / are on that one?

My main problem on my current investigating into specifically what muffler or mufflers to run is that I have a true dual setup with 2 chamber flowmasters exiting before each rear wheel, and I was honestly planning to quiet it down dramatically.

Wish I could have a switch in my truck to be able to have a real close to stock sound, then that badass sound like this setup here. Guess it might exist, and its called electric cuttouts.

Sucks its a compromise, do you want quite for those times when thats prudent, or sounding like its set on kill for those other equally as important times.

Thanks much for any additional details / info, etc.

The sound recording of the Magna Flow and XLerator systems with cats were done on a stock truck with speed density thus the lack of throttle response...
The XLerator with twistwers was done on my former white 94 that had a 408ci motor, TW heads, small performance cam (212/218 114 520/526) and mass air...

Cool thanks again for the additional details.

My current fresh 357 has 200cc Topline heads, on a F4TE block with a comp 208/216 112 .533/.544, and I'm about to throw a Pro-M MA conversion at it with 30's. Then, thinking of finalizing the exhaust with a better setup. Then, maybe do another short block with some more stroke to get the cubes up in the 393 to 426" area. Not intending big rpm here. Maybe 6k as a max is my thinking as of current. With this heavy rig and its wide ranging uses, I'm trying to stay real focused on the lower rpm torque, as much as I can stand to lol. Since I know thats what I'm suppose to be doing.

Thanks again, like the sound and quality of your setups.

I'll likely touch base with ya on some specifics for LT headers for my application, and maybe some variations on your current exhaust offerings. Again, to fit my application.

Icepick said:
The sound recording of the Magna Flow and XLerator systems with cats were done on a stock truck with speed density thus the lack of throttle response...
The XLerator with twistwers was done on my former white 94 that had a 408ci motor, TW heads, small performance cam (212/218 114 520/526) and mass air...
Dave,
Question:::::the Xlerator system with the twisters, how would that sound on a somewhat stock truck with a Vortech and a slightly bigger cam?? would it still sound the same??? i Love that sound

Matt

I have the Magnaflow system w/o cats. I liked the sound of the XLerator system too, but I am glad I got the Magnaflow. I would not want my truck any louder. When you start it you get stares. It is very deep sounding. When driving you can somewhat control how loud you are. At wot it gets loud. I could not imagine getting a louder system. I think it would be way to noisy inside the truck even with the windows up.

shoot, i have Flowmasters on there now, and the drone is ridiculous......cant see it getting any worse......besides, the drone doesnt really bother me too much......im deaf as it is.......

Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes, it should sound pretty much like the audio clip... The "drone" would probably be less than your flowmasters but the "volume" will probably be louder with the long tubes and dual 3" setup...

In "my opinion" the XLerator system with Twisters is a little to loud for every day street use... However if you want it loud you might like it...

Hey Marc, If you want to tone it down a bit I could make you a set of mid pipes with either twisters or bullet mufflers for $250. Or you could buy a set of 3" 3 disk car chemistry inserts from Jegs and slide them into your current mid pipes... These work really well... They mellow the sound considerably and also give the exhaust a more smooth and tuned exhaust note...

Dave

Icepick said:
Hey Marc, If you want to tone it down a bit I could make you a set of mid pipes with either twisters or bullet mufflers for $250. Or you could buy a set of 3" 3 disk car chemistry inserts from Jegs and slide them into your current mid pipes... These work really well... They mellow the sound considerably and also give the exhaust a more smooth and tuned exhaust note...

Dave
No way Dave, I love the way mine sounds. I just would not want anything louder. If I made it sound like I did not like the sound mine has, I did not mean to.

i think i like the sound of Daves setup better than my 2 Flow's......
Its cool cause in sept 2007, Missouri stops emissions on 1996 and older vehicles.....which means my 94L wont need all the emissions crap anymore.

Matt

Back