THE 'Winter Plans' Thread

Blurry94

Matt C.
With summer winding down and build season just around the corner...what projects do ya'll have planned this winter?

My oldest daughter is getting married in the spring, so I'm not going to be doing much to mine...just cruising and car shows.

Well probably gonna run my stock motor at least once more and try to go 6.3x in the 1/8 mile before new ZSR motor gets here. Then it will be time to start fabbing for twins.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm unsure what I'm going to do. I have a few minor things on the white board for when I get bored. I'd really like a custom cam for the turbo so that's a possibility. Maybe some nice electric fans.

Do some more cleaning. If I can afford one Iā€™m getting a Circle D 2800 stall converter. I keep putting it off but itā€™s hard to spend $900 on my toy truck with my situation.

Too cold around here for winter plans. I do those in the Spring and Fall. Just took the fascia off and delivered it to a body shop down the road a bit, had a through and through crack on the top bar. While it's off, may take off the bumper cover and have it repainted as well. Those two parts are the worst on my truck, paintwise. The rest is fine. And while waiting on those, I have a Mad Enterprises super duty transmission cooler to install. Truck already has a Mag-Hytec transmission pan that holds 16 quarts. Put that on three years ago, along with the matching differential cover, both in bright red.01010034.JPG01010035.JPG01010033.JPG

Get the mid-mount turbo setup for the white truck done.

Ha this popped up on my FB feed

Ha this popped up on my FB feed

Pretty similar to what I have laid out. It's going to bolt in where the muffler is on the Bassani exhaust using both existing connections. The only real question I have left to answer is if I'm going to drop down slightly so the turbo can be mounted farther forward, or leave it a straight shot and have the turbo farther back.

From an engineering perspective, I'd rather it forward, but like the cosmetics of the turbo completely tucked up inside the frame.

Pretty similar to what I have laid out. It's going to bolt in where the muffler is on the Bassani exhaust using both existing connections. The only real question I have left to answer is if I'm going to drop down slightly so the turbo can be mounted farther forward, or leave it a straight shot and have the turbo farther back.

From an engineering perspective, I'd rather it forward, but like the cosmetics of the turbo completely tucked up inside the frame.
Imagine planning twins that way lol. Further back definitely makes packaging easier but also don't want to lose thermal energy or velocity for spool time. Current single turbo is right behind trans crossmember and does pretty good but I'm thinking about moving twins closer if I can.

69be346b81b9cb82ca5cf56e32f2129d.jpg

Dave Comstockā€™s S10 works pretty well with the turbos all the way back in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

69be346b81b9cb82ca5cf56e32f2129d.jpg

Dave Comstockā€™s S10 works pretty well with the turbos all the way back in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can make anything work with a trans brake lol. Believe me I thought about going to a 4l80 just for that reason.

Back