The Official Event Hotel Has Been Selected!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hello all,:wave:

We have selected the official LightningFest 2005 hotel, and it is the Hilton Garden Inn - Independence:
Click here to visit the hotel website

The address and phone number are:
19677 E Jackson Drive, Independence, MO 64057
Tel: 1-816-350-3000 Fax: 1-816-350-3535

The event discount code is: LTF

We have negotiated a rate of $75/night for 2 people and there are rooms w/1 king bed and rooms w/2 double beds. These prices are substantially lower than the normal rates, and this is a great hotel that is just 3 years old.

We will again have a separate parking area for the LF truck and vehicles, so make your reservations early. We have initially 50 of each type of room blocked out, but if we fill the group block early, we can probably get more rooms?!

Restaurants in the local area are:
  • Great American Grill
  • Hereford House Steakhouse
  • Outback
  • Macaroni Grill
  • Carrabba's Italian Grill

AND
  • H00TERS :dp:

This hotel is about 6-7 miles from the track and a real nice place to stay. There is even shopping in close proximity!:eek:

Did you guys make your reservations on-line? I tried, but couldn't get the event code to work - it said the event code was unavailable. Did you call the hotel direct?

Vern

Vern said:
Did you guys make your reservations on-line? I tried, but couldn't get the event code to work - it said the event code was unavailable. Did you call the hotel direct?

Vern
Called direct...if you ask for reservations, they just send you to the 800 number for them. Either will work. Tell them the convention code.
Wayne

AHA!!

Dwight, you may have to give them another call. Yes, it works online IF you put in the LFest dates of Sept 23-25 (Fri-Sun). But, it won't work for Sept 22 (Thur) arrival. So, I'll just call tomorrow and talk to them about making my reservations.

Vern

Dwight,

I made my reservation for arrival the 22nd and depart 26th online and it gave me the contract price for the entire stay. You might want to call to see whats up.

Brad

Vern,

I am in Finland, but sent your message to Nan who is Wichita for turkey day. Hopefully she will call and get it straightened out in the morning...your time!

...Dwight...

Maybe they sold out of those rooms for Thursday???? I believe there where fewer for Thursday and Sunday nights. I think it's like 25 though...have 25 already signed up?

Actually it is 50 rooms on Thursday...25 d/d and 25 king. I just assume that they have not updated their website database?!

Can you prepay this far in advance. I'd rather just go knowing I don't have to worry about that.

Reservations made at the Hilton! Looking forward to September and :3g: on the ground everywhere!

Scott :yikes:

FYI, looks like you can get the room for $71 if you are willing to prepay. Don't put in the code when checking room availability. I opted to pay the $75/night no prepay deal.

-Mark

All the rooms are booked at the special rate? I just called and that is what they told me, whats the chances of getting more rooms @ $75/night? Let me know please. Thank you.

Back