The Latest LightningFest 2005 Event Schedule!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hello all.;w

Here is the latest event schedule as of 14 September 2005 (subject to change):

Friday 23 September:

7:00A Gates open
8:45A-4:00P Drag Tech inspection
9:00A-1:30P Test and Tune
12:30P-1:45P True Street cruise
2:00P-2:45P True Street qualifying
3:15P- 4:45 P True Street eliminations
2:45P- 5:15P 1st round qualifying – all other drag classes
6:00P-8:00P BBQ and “mingle”
5:30P-10:00P Local track test & tune (free to LF participants
10:30P Gates close

Saturday 24 September:

7:00A Gates open
7:30A-10:00A Drag Tech inspection
9:00A-12:00P 2nd & 3rd round qualifying
12:00P- 12:45P Group picture
1:30P-6:00P Drag eliminations
6:15P-6:45P Burnout contest
7:00P-7:15P Golf Cart race
7:30P-8:00P Award presentations
8:15P Gates close
8:30P-11:00P MKLO "Fuddruckers Cruise"

Sunday 25 September:

8:00A Gates open
9:00A Grudge racing
10:00A-11:45A Show judging
10:00A-12:00P "Best of Show" voting
12:30P-1:00P Truck Show award presentations
1:00P-4:30P Show class drags + "friends and family racing"
5:00P Gates close

Because of the volume of trucks attending, we will have registration open all day Thursday (22nd) at the hotel, to ease the rush on Friday morning...please register Thursday if in town then!:D

See you in Kansas City!:dp:

...Dwight...

Dwight,

What is the MKLO Fuddrucker's cruise? Haven't seen any info on that. I assume it's the local clubs hang out, and they are inviting all of us foreigners to join 'em...:D Just want a little more info.

Tom

I will let Vern answer that, as he is the head of MKLO (Missouri-Kansas Lightning Owners).

Cruise-In at Fuddruckers Sat!!

We have arranged a cruise-in at Fuddruckers in Independence, MO for Sat after racing. You can arrive anytime after 5 pm, but most of us will be there after closing the track at 8pm. They have plenty of parking for us to mingle, bs, and show the trucks. Fudds will also give all of us a discount on food in the restaurant. Just tell them you are with the NLOC cruise.

For those not familiar with Fuddruckers, they have the "Best Hamburgers in the World"! And yes, they also have liquid refreshments. If you don't believe that then check their website at www.fuddruckers.com.

Address is 4400 Noland Rd, Independence, MO 64055. It is one of the popular cruise-in spots in the KC area, and Noland Rd is one of the cruisin streets. It is about 5 minutes from the track, just up toward I-70 on Noland Rd, and also about 5 minutes from the host hotel. Map with the locations:

Images hosted by National Lightning Owners Club Member Galleries

21973-178-25427.jpg

View all images from this gallery

Hope to see everybody there!

Can you give more details on this?

1:00P-4:30P Show class drags

This will be my first year attending LFest.
I plan on running in the True Street Truck class and The Show on Sunday. But, I was wondering if I could get in any racing on my non DOT approved slicks and skinnys during the Test and Tune friday night or the show class drags (since I cannot use them for true street)

Thanks!
Eric

Hi Eric,

You can run slicks Friday night and Sunday after the truck show. The drag strip will be used for any tires/anyone that wants to run Sunday. We will give priority to those that wanted to show their truck, but also wanted to run after the show. There is 3 1/2 hours of running, so bring your slicks.

BigD said:
Hi Eric,

The drag strip will be used for any tires/anyone that wants to run Sunday.
I'm not able to bring the L but we will be there....Can I run what I brung on Sunday? ;o

BigD said:
Hi Eric,

You can run slicks Friday night and Sunday after the truck show. The drag strip will be used for any tires/anyone that wants to run Sunday. We will give priority to those that wanted to show their truck, but also wanted to run after the show. There is 3 1/2 hours of running, so bring your slicks.

Thanks BigD !! :tu:

Due to popular demand, we have moved the "Worlds Fastest Golf Cart Race" to Saturday evening! :tu:

Look out Shawn!:eek: :bout: :B2:

Back