The Latest Gen 3 Rumor

I just don't get what anyone's going to do with 600+ hp in the dirt, other than make youtube vids of jump stunts in which guys flip, crash & trash their $40,000 Raptors, or sink them up to the windows in mud. I used to 4-wheel boonie trails in my little Jeep Wrangler - no way a Raptor could go half the places I went. Must be getting old...
I used to get called out at 3 in the morning to snatch over powered over wheeled trucks out of the hell hole with my old 302 73 Bronco! I started charging $20 and a case of beer! LOL! Them was the days!

I would go for a third gen with two stipulations: a center seat and a decent price to performance ratio. I for one was interested in the Tremor until I found out it was only available with bucket seats and console.

Funny how this thread just came back, just finished reading an article that says a 2018 lightning will be announced soon. Will come in 2 config, rc/sb and sc/sb. 2 powerplants also. 485 hp and a rumored 535 hp. Read it on ford- trucks. I don't put much stock in it though. The ext. cab seems like a move to expand their buyer pool.
That's the article that we are talking about, Gregg.

Gen 1s were around $26K fully loaded. Don't know if there were negotiations on the sticker price. Your Gen 2 must be a 2002 model ? Seems that's the same sticker as mine though I didn't pay that for it.

The Lightnings were Halo trucks for the F150s. Ford knew they wouldn't sell a lot and they didn't plan on it. Most won't buy a Lightning but that F150 next to it on the sales floor is the same thing "almost" and the customer can buy one of those ! Be interesting to me to see if a Gen 3 makes it through the red tape process. If it does I'm gonna have'ta find some more space for a new truck. Just wouldn't be right to not have one of more of each generation of the Lightning ! Even if the current body style is butt ugly.

Mine's an 01 and I didn't pay $32460 for it, but that was sticker. I think I paid $28,800 for it.

The L was a halo truck, but my point was more that there are not any halo trucks any more. 15 years ago there weren't many people that were willing and/or able to buy a $30k+ RCSB truck and feel good about it. People these days don't care. They'll pay anything to get what they want with complete disregard for their credit, financial responsibility, or anything else. They just spend money like they've got it.

Any full size truck is 30k + these days so I guess people figure 30k, 40k what's the difference.

Back