The Jon Ross Memorial...

Skritch

...had a GREAT turnout ! The largest gathering of Lightnings & HDs that I know of in WashLO !! 15 trucks made the drive (14 tudors and 1 fordoor). After the Ls and HDs were 5 more vehicles plus 4 motorcycles. Of course the weather was not cooperating in Bellevue but as we got out to the rural areas we found dry pavement. Slow paced drive through areas that Jon loved to ride on his motorcycle. A slice of rural America and miraculously we left SE 8th P & R as one group managing to stay together for the entire drive !

Destination was Red Hook Brewery for breakfast and a slide show of Jon Ross' life in a private dining room within the facility. The place was packed with family, co-workers, and friends. Jon would have been embarrassed so many people made such a "fuss" over him. Jon was at the head table, albeit in a customized stainless steel table top container. Some people not seen in years made their presence known, wonderful to see them again.

For those that have asked if Jon had a favorite charity he did not. Lisa suggested for those that choose to; donate to your favorite charity in his name, Jon Ross. Here's a link to one way of making a donation in honor of Jon on behalf of his family; Mr & Mrs Jack Cherry, 11122 NE 41st Dr. # 34, Kirkland, WA 98033: How to Donate a Gift on Behalf of Someone | eHow.com . This is just one example of how to make a donation.

It's been a short night and long day for the last 3 so pics later, Nic, if you get yours edited post'em up !

Scott

That was a really nice way of honoring Jon.

redhook.jpg

^^^^And although unintentional, Jon's truck is just a few inches in front of the pack...sixth one from the left.

RIP my friend.

:3g:

To all the Lightning and HD guys and gals, thank you so much for coming out. It warmed Lisa's heart to see so many at SE 8th P & R to make the drive and to attend his "Celebration of Life" at Red Hook.

Jon's long time best friend, Bob Mackey (from 2nd grade) had the privilege of piloting Jon's truck on the commemorative drive ending up directly behind me in line. It was indeed special to see the B4THNDR license plated silver Lightning in my rearview for much of the drive. COLDIE, Tomnsarah, Screamng, and e9tac helped tremendously in keeping the entire group together on the drive by blocking certain critical intersections to allow all the drivers through. To each of you thanks for your assistance to keep the caravan together !

Pictures always tell a better story than words alone, so some pics......

Jon....
7485004826_e7fe67d7ba_b.jpg

7485003832_de116a84e3_b.jpg

The trucks....
7485042924_4db099299e_b.jpg

7485034244_a3666bdf3f_b.jpg

7485027760_8e68d42831_b.jpg

7485038566_51e01886ae_b.jpg

Some of the WashLO & LRNW people...
7485025068_04d820bcc7_b.jpg

7485039460_4079e82ea2_b.jpg

Family, co-workers, and friends of Jon...
7485014998_10285924d9_b.jpg

7485012918_52f1c99562_b.jpg

7485016494_fc86351249_b.jpg

For those that made the drive and/or the gathering at Red Hook a little extra something for them, a 6 inch oval sticker....

7410328368_3041d19250_b.jpg

Bye Jon...
5052070658_bdaf0f9f1e_b.jpg

5051468965_613d641002_b.jpg

Scott

Wild Bill I'm yawning and I can't stop. Thank you all for being there yesterday. Somebody said when Scott made the call everybody came and yes you did. But it wasn't Scott, it was all of you and your love of a man. We are such a motley crew.

Last edited:
Wild Bill I'm yawning and I can stop. Thank you all for being there yesterday. Somebody said when Scott made the call everybody came and yes you did. But it wasn't Scott, it was all of you and your love of a man. We are such a motley crew.

Amen Jean..... It was the love of a VERY SPECIAL man, that touched us all in one way or another that brought us all out.

Thanks do go out to you and Scott for putting together the drive, the great stickers ('screamng' will wear it proudly once I get her cleaned back up), and the wonderful job of leading and keeping our motley crew together as we traveled thru the country side. I knew Jon was looking over us when we hit the road outside of Redmond and the pavement turned dry!!!

It was all just like Jon would have wanted.....

I don't think anyone reads these anymore but I wanted to post an update... I bought a '23 Electric Lightning, and when I thought about it I really wanted the B4THNDR plate... it's available, and I can't think of a better way to remember my friend after all these years (and yes, it's silver)

Back