The HOT ROD Power Tour 2008 dates/locations are set!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
The 2008 HOT ROD Power Tour(TM) dates are set. The kickoff begins on June 7, 2008 in Little Rock, Arkansas. From there we'll roll through the Midwest with stops in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota. The week-long trek ends on June 13th (June 14th for the Long Haulers) in Madison, Wisconsin. Below are the dates and event locations.

Saturday, 6/7/08
Arkansas State Fairgrounds - Little Rock, AR
Kickoff Cruise Night Sponsored by Painless Performance.

Sunday, 6/8/08
Missouri Entertainment and Event Center - Springfield, MO

Monday, 6/9/08
Heartland Park - Topeka, KS

Tuesday, 6/10/08
Nebraska State Fair Park - Lincoln, NE
Cruise Night Sponsored by Edelbrock.

Wednesday, 6/11/08
Iowa State Center - Ames, IA

Thursday, 6/12/08
Rochester Community & Technical College - Rochester, MN

Friday, 6/13/08
The Alliant Energy Center - Madison, WI

Saturday, 6/14/08
The Alliant Energy Center- Madison, WI

This will be my dad and I third year doing the long haul. I won't be traveling in the Yellow L but my dad will be in his Black L and I'll be in my other F-150.

I'll at least make it to Kansas and hopefully they'll have the strip open for fun runs like they did in Memphis last year. I saw you can register online already for it.

I am looking into the vacation time. If all works out I will be there in the SuperCab L.

Last edited:
I'll at least make it to Kansas and hopefully they'll have the strip open for fun runs like they did in Memphis last year. I saw you can register online already for it.

hmmm. . . didn't know they did that. And the Topeka stop will be at Heartland Park . . . Guess I'll have to throw the drag radials in the back, just in case.

I'm registered and informed my boss that I'll be taking vacation in June.

Sounds good..... Not sure if I can go.... Well.... really isn't no reason I can't, so i'm, a maybe... I will let you all know.....
Kerry

I may drive the Lightning if I get it put together in time :D May have to swap the Powerglide for a 4R100 though for a little bit :)

Awsome! I did this for the first time a few years ago with friends. From Orlando to Englishtown, N.J. Rode in my friends 1950 F100 on air-ride with a junkyard LS-1 Turbo (sorry, i know that hurt some of y'all to read that). Never had so much fun in my life, and i was sick as a dog all week. Same friend did it this year all the way back to LR. If you get a chance, go for it! It's a blast!!

Madison

Jan and I are working on a plan for all of you for The Power Tour!! It will take a few days but we will let you know soon what we have in mind. By the way, we're only 40 minutes from Madison.

Jan and Steve Raue

hi steve----

looks like vern & i are only going to do little rock to lincoln---hope to see ya guys there

dave

If I can't do anything else I'll be at the start but I want to try to make a leg or two at least.

Okay guys who's as excited as me!!!!! Hot Rod Power Tour has their own forums on this thing and they have a little unofficial group called "The Forum Freaks Long Haulers". We usually go and post up the hotels we are staying at, things to do and restaurants to eat at all the stops. Check it out. I've been posting there for for the last 2 years I have participated and it would be good to see some of you guys get involved.

Power Tour: General Discussion Forum – HotRod.com Forums

There is also another site some of the veteran Power Tour participants follow:

:: Index

Also anyone participating lets do the same here with listing what hotels we are staying at, etc etc.

If any of you get to Little Rock the night before and want to have a get together or something, let me know. I live about 15 minutes out of Little Rock and can fire up the grill or there is a local Hooters in the area, which for some reason is one of my favorite spots!

Kyle

last year leaving Memphis.....

Also anyone participating lets do the same here with listing what hotels we are staying at, etc etc.

I spent a little time the other day and made reservations for 3 of the stops so far.
It seems like a lot of the hotels are booked or $$$. There were some deals but they were the non refundable ones. I'm trying to book as close to the events as possible.

These are the three I took so far....

(I have stayed in this one before. There is an older hotel across the steet with a great bar and grill, but I slept so good at this one I'm going back)
LINCOLN-I-80
Holiday Inn Express
1010 WEST BOND STREET
LINCOLN, NE 68521
$99

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
AMES
2600 E 13TH ST
AMES, IA 50010 UNITED STATES
$139:scared1:

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Rochester South MN 3.2 from Downtown
77 WOOD LAKE DRIVE SOUTHEAST
ROCHESTER, MN 55904
507-287-6758
$101

I saw on the other forum lots of folks were finding $60 / $70 hotels, but that was a few months ago.
I need to find places at the first stops and find out what Steve has planned for Madison.

Looking good. Usually the Friday before the first official day of the tour a bunch of "Forum Freaks" meet at the local Hooters or whatever popular cruise in style food chain is around. Maybe we can talk to the local Hooters and set up a meeting there for that Friday.

Who is doing the Springfield to Topeka run.

Just to prove Bobby wrong I am going to make the run in the trailer queen...without the trailer....lol ;)

Well that is the plan anyway.

That'd be great Shawn!

I'll send you the info on the hotel where Dave and I will be in Springfield.

Back