The C3P2 in my 1993 is bad

Gary B

Gary B
I need a new computer module but don't know much about them, are the modules from 94 & 95 compatible? and where would I get it reprogrammed to my trucks VIN? and what would approximate cost run? Thanks, Gary B

No VIN programming on our old stuff, so that part you don't need to worry about. Just have to find a compatible computer.

The only thing I can think of that would make a '93 different from '94 and '95 would be the E4OD changes in '94, but I believe they were just wiring and internals changes; what the computer does should be the same.

Your PCM

No VIN programming on our old stuff, so that part you don't need to worry about. Just have to find a compatible computer.

The only thing I can think of that would make a '93 different from '94 and '95 would be the E4OD changes in '94, but I believe they were just wiring and internals changes; what the computer does should be the same.

Thanks for the info, as I mentioned I don't know anything about these computers so not having to reprogram to my VIN helps a lot, appreciate the help.

i'm running a C3P2 pcm in my '93 and it's fine. trans control in the binfile is supposed to be superior to C3P1. '94 and '95 pcm's have diode protection in them for trans connection whereas '93 pcm's don't. '93's have diode protection for the pcm in the trans solenoid pack.

5 threads above this one = Finding Replacement Parts!

There are indeed some differences as noted above ^^^ but all four computers have been proven to work in trucks of all three years...
93 = C3P1, C3P2
94 = C3P2, C3P3, ICY1
95 = ICY1

Just put the new PiMPxShift in Gary, and you wont have to worry about it. ;-p

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

But you'll have to tune it yourself. It's really nice and a great tuning tool, but it's not a panacea...

So how does Push-Start vs CCD TFI impact computer choice??

Back