The 2010 Ford F150 SVT Lightning...well what it should of looked like...

Big d... U wouldn't have any pics of that gen 3 from a little distance would u?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I was just gonna start one when I seen this thread.
I was only gonna say; If I could ever afford a Raptor, I would opt to lower it and slap on some more sportish wheels and tires. That would be my Gen3 Lightning.. :cool:

(as in, much like your photoshop :)

I hate that Raptor look. Reminds me of the first Avalanche...just looked like too much drama on the fenders and grill.
Many may know this...but you can get an F150 today with the 6.2L Raptor engine. So you can build an extended cab or crew cab (same overall length as the crew bed is just 1 ft shorter)...but not a standard cab. It will cost you though...about $37k as base as you can get it. Then you'd have to add "Clone" features that are custom or out of a Gen 1 or Gen 2 truck. Also lower it...overall it wouldn't be cheap.
You can also find a few used ones with that engine starting around $25k...which is probably what I would do if I go that route...which I've thought about.
Then there is always the Tremor...which is cool...but a slap in the face from Ford.
Also, the reason I heard the Gen 3 concept never made it to production was due to the Tow Rating. So Ford has always had a 5000 lb minimum tow rating on all the trucks. The performance parts they used to surpass the newly introduced Dodge counterpart would not allow them to keep that 5000 lb rating. I've read both ways on the SRT-10 Ram...some say it had a 1900 lb rating and another said 7500 lb.
I'm really hoping they come out with a Gen 3 in 2016...I may sell everything I own to have one!

Back