Thanks MLO

S

Scott

I would like to thank everyone for their hospitality at KCIR on Saturday. I had a great time and I'm glad I got a chance to meet everyone - now I can put some faces with the names on this board. I wish I had been able to stay for the show class on Sunday - maybe next time (how did everyone do??). Anyway, you guys (and gals) are all top-notch and I'm looking forward to the next meet/race whenever that might be.

Thanks again,

Scott

Scott: It was a great weekend wasn't it? I think the Lightning's got about 5-6 of the "Top 50" awards, although the only 2 I can remember at the moment was Shawn and myself. Somehow Vern ended up not getting judged, but I'm not sure what happened (or didn't happen) there.

Regarding Sunday, I don't think anyone from the NLOC group got a 'BYE' during eliminations, but Vern made it to the finals anyway. Everyone and everything ended up 'heat soaked'...I'm down to two brain cells now <g>.

I red lighted in the second round. And won a Top Fifty award for the car show. Had a great time and lost about 10 pounds of water weight. The All Truck Race is Sept. 3 so hopefully everyone will be back, and maybe somemore can make it.

Shawn

hay rodger, scott, donald p, vern , shawn,
dave, sharon and her husband, the two guy's from topeka shane and his dad. and new recurt rhonda. think we added several people to the mlo/ nloc. i also had a good time. sorry about running in and out. owed him a favor plus he counts on me to help set up the car. (dont know how we got to run the vett in a all ford show but who knows). the other 3 trucks that got top 50 were sharon, rhonda and my self that added to 5 out of 10 trucks not bad. the next kc event will be in sept. thanks for a great turn out it was a little bumpy at first but turned out great way to go vern...

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

The whole deal was pulled off because everybody helped and participated in it. So, no thanks required. Byes? Yes, Shane's dad got one when the Silver Lightning was pulled out of the line. When there was three of us in the semis, Shane and I drew for the bye since his had already had one, and of course I lost the draw and raced his dad. The announcer kept playing up the dad and son thing, so I'm sure he hoped I would loose in the semis. So, I lost to Shane twice, once with the draw, and once in the finals. aaarrrgghhhh! Anyway, I had a blast and hope to make it Sept 3.

Oh yes, I didn't get judged because I told the official that I didn't really care if I got judged or not, because I was there to race. So, he just skipped me and I took off to the staging lanes.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.88@96.9

[This message has been edited by Vern (edited 07-18-2000).]

5 out of 10 in the top 50..That's great. I'm going to try to make the Sept 3 meet, is that a one-day deal or is it a weekend thing with the trucks racing on Sunday?

Vern, I got my NLOC card in the mail today so if you need my number for the MLO list, I've added it to my signature. Speaking of signatures, have you updated yours? I thought I heard you say that you had a new best time this weekend.

Scott
99' Lightning
NLOC: 514

Don't forget me Scott! -nickname Mr.Tent
Just kidding, we can up the count to 6 top 50 plaques as I got one too. I too bowed out early in the first round against Rhino as I just spun rubber at the line and watched his taillights the rest of the way. However I wouldn't call the day a total loss cause even in the sweltering heat I met a BUNCH of great lightning owners! I definitely want to see you all again for the Truck event at KCIR! This this time we may need to hide the ice from Roger who put more in his truck than on him!!!!
wink.gif
But thanks Roger for the idea of losing the tailgate and making the times look decent on the track. I think we made a great statement at the track that not all owners put their trucks in storage and only take them out once a month. Our motto that day was show and GO! Well don't want to rant on too long but thought I would put my .02 in and say it was a blast with you all and would do it again. Stay cool until Sept fellow bolt/f150 owners.
Troy

------------------
99 Lightning-no mods yet but PSP products in the future
97 Probe GT- stock

Hey Mr. Tent (better watch it Troy, people get permanent nicknames like this <grin> ): No problem on the help...do the intercooler fluid mod we discussed and we'll ice you down next time also -- should be good for about .3 if you lose the inlet tube along with it <g>.

Dunno if I'll be able to make the next SCCA Autocross on the 13th, I'll be in Detroit the week before and week after, I'd have to fly home, run it, and fly back; that's doable. The main problem is I will now be in Dearborn during the SVT Experience which is the same weekend...

I do think we've proven to KCIR that we can collect enough trucks to have our own class.

[This message has been edited by roger (edited 07-20-2000).]

Roger,

Have you thought about installing one of those Prestone quick change antifreeze kits on your intercooler line? I was thinking about that the other day, its a plastic "T" that you splice between the line and has a capped end that you can open to drain the fluid.

The only down side I can think of is that you'd have to be careful not to spill the water all over when you open the cap (and the pressure if it gets too hot and you open it). Anyway, that would let you drain all the water out of the intercooler and put in ice water. Sean Hyland's web sight says they are coming out with an intercooloer reservoir with a built in drain plug, but I would think the prestone kit would work just as good and it only costs $4. There's probably a reason why this is a bad idea or wouldn't work but I can't think of it.

Hey Troy, I'm glad to hear that you also got a top 50 award (didn't mean to forget you).

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott (edited 07-20-2000).]

Hey Roger,
Most of my weekends are pretty filled up for the next month also and it just so happens that one weekend is set aside just for what your going to. The only thing I was debating was driving up the truck or flying. Cost will be the determining factor and haven't looked at which would be cheaper. The one big problem is I'm supposed to be at Milan Drags on Thursday at 7AM !!!!! and then stay for 3 more days for the SVT weekend. I may just nix that and fly down just for the weekend if airfares aren't too bad. Did you get your tickets yet? Well just figured it would be easier to set up something a little farther ahead so let's plan on the Sept. at KCIR and any autocross after that. Also if you know some awesome things I need to see in Detroit then let me know since you've been up there quite a bit. C ya.

------------------
97 Probe GT- stock

Scott: Hmm...good idea. I just went out into the garage and popped the hood to take a peek. The line from reservoir to radiator below looks to be the candidate. You'd have to peel off the braided cover on the hose but that shouldn't be a big deal. I'll kick this around because I don't dragrace the truck much and don't know if the mod has any other use than to change intercoolant quickly (hey, is that a new word? <grin> )...

kcstorm/Mr. Tent: I don't know how many extra vehicles they'll have around for those who don't drive, do you? I'm considering driving because of this and the fact I'll be there for 3 weeks, but I have to be up there on Monday 7-Aug.

If you drive, I just did that trip the week before KCIR and it's roughly a 12 hr trip, stopping for fuel only (approx 825 miles). The main problem is all the states between MO & MI are 65 mph limits.

The tours that SVT have setup are pretty good, but I've heard most were already full but I guess you've already signed up for the stuff? Bring your Ford ID so you can get into some other stuff for free or at a discount (like the Spirit of Ford and Greenfield Village).

Do you still have my email address? If so send me an email and we'll exchange phone numbers where we can work this out.

Hi again Roger,
I will email you my phone number so we can mabey set up something. My computer crashed and I figured on waiting for Ford's offer of a free computer so emailing me would be like the Pony Express taking it. However I thought I would post in here that I saw the Cobra R at a Mustang show this weekend and it just so happened to be the one at Fun Ford Day at KCIR. Well I got talking to the guy and said I noticed that day at KCIR he had taken off the lower front air dam. What was so funny was he kept scraping it on the driveway which I was told was at a decent incline! He also was pissed that Ford hadn't made a front fender without the antenna mast hole so they used a cheap plastic filler cap. Finally here's the kicker, Ford Motor credit actually gave him a loan on it and guess for how long? 7 YEARS!!!! My lightning will be paid off in less than 3
smile.gif
well just thought I would pass this story along. Roger I figure I will try to use the phone mostly now to contant you and not use up this space on the net. Oh by the way I did think of YOUR nickname and oh does it fit-"THE ICEMAN"- translation= cool at the line and can haul the ice in the truck in the back or in the front(intercooler)- Ha Ha Ha. Talk to all later

------------------
97 Probe GT- stock

kcstorm: Hey, that guy with the R, is it true he has two of them? That's what I was told. The front airdam is close to the ground -- that was design intent. That's also why they secured it with dzus fastners and made a mounting place for it where the back seat used to live. Installed it has about 2" between the bottom lip and the pavement; great for the track, but not to be used on the street.

ICEMAN? Hmm...yeah <grin>, I'd have dove into a vat of that stuff if it were available -- although the 50lb bag Vern and I split was a good start <g>. Haven't seen your email come through yet, try this: roger@birch.net

Back