Texas Convoy - LightningFest 4 plans

tliss

Massta Tom
Chances are I won't be making LightningFest this year. In late July or early August my wife and I will be welcoming our first child into the world! So chances of my attendance with a two-month old baby at home is pretty slim. Somebody else needs to step up and lead the convoy from Texas this year.

Have fun at the event! I'll definitely come if I can. Someone send me a window cling to add to the collection on the truck! :D

Tom

I have been asked to get the Texas group organized and on the road. Tentative time and date for departure will be September 21 (Thursday) at 9AM from Denton, TX. Make your plans to join us and post up. :cool:

Awesome! Thanks Dennis!

Turns out the baby's christening will be that Saturday, so I am heading across Texas on the Thursday you guys will be headed to KC. I wish I could go, but you know how it is.

And I'm serious about the window cling...somebody keep Nan occupied and swipe an extra for me!

Tom

I'll probably try to meet up with you guys, I'm leaving Thurs morning not sure if I was gonna go with a group or find my own way

Chris.94L said:
I'll probably try to meet up with you guys, I'm leaving Thurs morning not sure if I was gonna go with a group or find my own way

Other guys that have gone will tell you, the convoy trip up on Thursday is one of the best parts of the week. :tongue:

I'll be there Dennis. It is very cool rolling thru the plains with Lightnings as far as the eye can see.

442P9232905.JPG

Nan and I wish we could convoy with you since we now live in McKinney TX, but we have to be in KC all week to get everything ready.:(

I will be there...

It is an awesome experience rolling down the highway with that many L's. I am definitely in... this will be the 3rd year for me...

BigD said:
Nan and I wish we could convoy with you since we now live in McKinney TX, but we have to be in KC all week to get everything ready.:(

hmmm... Maybe what we could do is attach a few extra Window clings... if you want to leave some with us before you head up there, we could attach them to some of the trucks in your honor, etc. :)

Tentative meeting location in Denton. Good place for a starting photo as well. Plans are to pull out at 9AM sharp. I will post detailed directions to the Denton starting site soon. :cool:

lfest_lot.JPG

lfest_lot_close.jpg

I do need some suggestions from the OKC group. I really would like to move up I-35 (north) a bit more before we hook up with you guys. Is there a good place to pull off north of the I-44 Turnpike exit? Maybe somewhere around Edmund? Please let me know what ya'll think.

Wichita, KS would be somewhere around 3PM. Where would be the best place to pull off if we came up I-35? :cool:

Official start time on Thursday September 21, in Denton, TX is 9 AM sharp. Show up gassed and ready to go because we are not starting from a gas station. There is a Cracker Barrel one exit south if you want to have a good breakfast before you leave. Exit 470 on I-35 the north side of Denton (north of the I-35E & I-35W merge).

DSCN6733.JPG

Plans are to stop in Oklahoma City for 30 minutes and south Kansas for 30 minutes. We need volunteers to lead (Valentine 1 is a must). I plan to bring up the rear. Plans are for the main convoy to travel approximately 5 mph over. Faster guys are welcome to take off, but the plans are to stay in a pack as long as we can. At least to Kansas would be nice, but hey, we're all adults here.

Back