SVT is GONE!

I have seen a window sticker from a Roush that had $20000 mark up from the dealer. Way over priced. You probably won't get your build cert if ordered now, I ordered mine in the beginning of January and got it last week.

what crap !!! :mad: dosen't FORD understand that the "race on sunday sell on monday" motto still applies today and the only reason they have been successful is b/c of SVT. They have produce vehicles that excite the public and make them want to go out a drive. People you can afford an SVT product love it and appriecate it and the people who can't will buy all the parts to make there main stream product resemble an SVT product. I'm really Pissed off that ford would do this. When I was born I was brought home in a Reg cab F-150 and haven't been in any other make since and don't plan on it, but its a real slap in the face.

I really can't figure out what Ford is trying to accomplish for the future when all Mr. Ford wants to talk about is how GREEN his company is going to get in the next few years......whoope f**king doo. Yeah I really would get the same rush of adrenaline buying a Toyota PRIUS!!!Oh and that plan you big execs had 5 yrs ago well look at what it has gotten them, plant closings and discontent in the workforce, yeah stay the course Prez...:rolleyes:
GM well it can at least say they are making an effort with the Vette, CTS-V, and mabey a Camaro in the future. However then news comes down they are putting the SSR, now at almost 400HP, and the GTO on hiatus. While the overweight Solstice gets the OK and can get it's clock cleaned by the Miata's.
Hey I'll give the props to Dodge cause at least they try to keep a division alive by bringing in new lines as others age gracefully. I mean heck they had a whole HOUR devoted to that line on Speed channel the other night. Can't beat press like that.
Sorry guys I ranted for so long but I really do love my L and even drove it to Detroit a few years ago for that SVT appreciation event. We got on the test track, did the Rouge plant tour, Colleti spoke and really pumped up the crowd for the upcoming models...boy do I miss those days. Thanks SVT you've been a good model for other performance division's to follow, well almost except for the ending part.:(

Last edited:
ozbolt99 said:
However then news comes down they are putting the SSR, now at almost 400HP, and the GTO on hiatus.

Being that it is an Aussie model, the GTO does not meet 2006 US crash standards. Same reason the Ford GT will not continue produciton into 2006......Ford only expected the GT to be run for 2 years.

--Joe

JoeLightning said:
Does anyone else find it odd that the offical date is a Saturday, and more significantly, it's ----

April Fools day????

April 1st is the first day of the fiscal year for many companies. It is also the start of the fiscal quarter, which is the normal date in which large businesses practice start or cease.

I read about this last week on another board, but didn't know how true it was. Guess it is:(

pickup-on-crack said:
Mass production vehicals with the words Hemi, or srt....
no thanks.

As far as chevy, the vette is the only thing going for them.

They did it right with the Lighting, It sucks to see SVT go.
My truck is almost 6 years old now and I still get the .." hey
man cool truck".

Umm, 400+ hp Chrysler 300's, SRT-8 Jeep's, the Trailblazer SS, and the new Z06? No thanks? That must just be you. :rolleyes:

The SVT Insanity

Something makes no sense.

Do you think Ford is just going to let GM and Chrysler make all
the money on performance vehicle. Something has got to be
up there sleeve or there just nuts.
In a post above it was said this could be a transitional period,,,,
"SVO", "SVT" etc. What Next??
It's all about money, are they going to let all the other companies make money in this area and do nothing.
Maybe we won't see another Lightning, but that makes the one's
we have special. I plan to have mine around for a while. Maybe you"ll drive yours until it stops, whatever works for you. Enjoy.

I must say SVT had done a good job and it's sad to see it's not going to continue but if it did and the market became flooded with SVT vehicles then they just wouldn't be special anymore.
I feel fortune to own one.
A vette a great car but there's plenty of them. It was my first choice and I'm glad I went with my second.

Thanks to the operators of this board for keeping the spirit alive and I do hope it continues for a long time.

Like I said above something makes no sense. Just my $.02

Bottom line is money.I wouldn't think Ford made a big profit on SVT vehicles so it's another department they can shut down to reduce the overheads.How short sighted of Ford. To say 'Ford SVT Lightning,worlds fastest production truck' must have done the power of good as far as marketing the brand,now what have they got?Do Ford really think that when we want to change our trucks that we will just say' Oh well ,we can't buy a performance truck so we better buy a standard F150 instead'
Don't think so:screwy:

You are way off

jayzap said:
Something makes no sense.

Do you think Ford is just going to let GM and Chrysler make all
the money on performance vehicle. Something has got to be
up there sleeve or there just nuts.
In a post above it was said this could be a transitional period,,,,
"SVO", "SVT" etc. What Next??
It's all about money, are they going to let all the other companies make money in this area and do nothing.

The problem is that the money comes from fuel economy and utility. There isn't a big market for performance.

--Joe

Re: You are way off

soap said:
The problem is that the money comes from fuel economy and utility. There isn't a big market for performance.

--Joe

I would have to respectfully disagree and say I truly believe there is a huge market for performance.

Dodge knows this very well with their huge campaign on the Hemi. They have the SRT models and now they come out with the Charger etc.

There is a huge market for performance and those in that market, like you and I, could care less about fuel economy, and Dodge knows that as well. For whatever reason, in my opinion, Ford could not compete with Dodge and the other performance markets and tucked their tails between their legs and ran off.

There is a market for “affordable” performance vehicles and Ford blew it with their Ford GT that took time away from developing performance vehicles that more of us could actually afford to buy. Who can afford a $150,000 vehicle that has no practicality as compared to the Lightning and Mustangs?

Ford blew their money on trying to make a name for themselves with their 100th year anniversary by putting out the Ford GT. Well Ford made a name for themselves and I don’t think it’s the one they were looking for. Fool comes to mind…

Re: Re: You are way off

Sonic Boom said:
I would have to respectfully disagree and say I truly believe there is a huge market for performance.

Dodge knows this very well with their huge campaign on the Hemi. They have the SRT models and now they come out with the Charger etc.

There is a huge market for performance and those in that market, like you and I, could care less about fuel economy, and Dodge knows that as well. For whatever reason, in my opinion, Ford could not compete with Dodge and the other performance markets and tucked their tails between their legs and ran off.

I am not saying there is no market for performance, but it is a fraction of the big picture. Take a second and try to compare the total vehicle sales across the US. Why do you think SUV and truck sales are down over the past year........fuel economy.

I know that I do not care about fuel economy.......but 95% of the people in my subdivison do.

--Joe

Re: Re: Re: You are way off

soap said:
I am not saying there is no market for performance, but it is a fraction of the big picture. Take a second and try to compare the total vehicle sales across the US. Why do you think SUV and truck sales are down over the past year........fuel economy.

I know that I do not care about fuel economy.......but 95% of the people in my subdivison do.

--Joe

Agreed.. what are the top ten selling cars and trucks? bet not a single one of them is a "performance" vehicle.. what I would bet is that if you can sell a Camry or Fusion for $10,000, you would own the car market..

Re: You are way off

soap said:

--Joe

"There isn't a big market for performance" you say and I agree 100% but there is a market and does Ford not need or want
that money.
There isn't a big market for the Excursion but they are
still producing that.

the truth is a lot of people are buying hondas and toyotas check their stock numbers i would buy one if i lived in japan but i buy American because im American. I just love the people with the american flag magnets on their jap cars.

Chrysler MARKETS the Hemi vehicles heavily, but have you looked at the price of them?!? When you see that the Hemi version of the vehicle is 12,000 to 20,000 more than the base vehicle..... that tells you that most of them you see on the road are actually the V6 versions.

Ford will definitely be back into the performance market, just don't know when. Right now, they are going to ride the Shelby coattails. The Mustang is a killer ride, and the Shelby version is BEAUTIFUL!!

With the price of gas staying well above $2 is most of the country, people are truely looking at fuel economy as a bigger factor in their purchases. I've been considering trading the L for a new Mustang. I could get better milage and have about as much fun, but I wouldn't be able to haul as much stuff.... It's all a trade-off.

cyntaxx said:
Umm, 400+ hp Chrysler 300's, SRT-8 Jeep's, the Trailblazer SS, and the new Z06? No thanks? That must just be you. :rolleyes:
Umm, no. Add me to that also. :rolleyes: The Jeep and Trailblazer are SUVs and I don't really have any use for them. I'm SUV'd out. The 300 is butt ugly, just like the charger, 400 hp or no. With the same designer I guess it would be. Z06? Sure, but I can't get into it so why bother having one?

Back