SVT is GONE!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
This is a note I received from a friend:

I'm in Dearborn, packing up all of my belongings and saying goodby to the guys from SVT...which is offically dissolved at the end of the month. No more product, i.e. Lightning, Adreline, Fusion nothing. Done. Period. We all have collector vehicles now, just like Oldsmobile owners! Great, huh?

I guess that Ford is blowing it big time...it's SAD.:cr1:

I still do not understand why everyone thinks it is such a big deal if SVT is gone?? Roush does a great majority of the driveline testing and design. And Ford factories build the vehicles. Sure there will be a small group of people from SVT who loose their jobs and that is always sad to hear but it's not like there will be no more performance vehicles from Ford. As a matter of fact I think a new bad *** Mustang will be here in June/July.

--Joe

The overall quality of SVT's products was good to me, I hope that will be maintained no matter what happens. Best of luck to all who are affected by the dissolution.

soap said:
I still do not understand why everyone thinks it is such a big deal if SVT is gone?? Roush does a great majority of the driveline testing and design. And Ford factories build the vehicles. Sure there will be a small group of people from SVT who loose their jobs and that is always sad to hear but it's not like there will be no more performance vehicles from Ford. As a matter of fact I think a new bad *** Mustang will be here in June/July.

--Joe

Good point there. SVT had nothing to do with the Gen1, and it's a kick-*** vehicle. Put the power back in the hands of the people who can create the vehicles, and let them run wild.

I just called them up 1 800 FORD SVT
The new greeting is FORD Performance
SVT is gone. They can still give build certs for now

They are always so nice when you call them. I have had 5 SVT products since `96 the name plate will be missed (but it should help make clean Lightnings and Cobras gain value in the future).

Wow, this is disappointing...especially when Dodge and Chevy look like they're finally getting their acts together. :(

dose that meen my 04 is worth more???? LOL but that really S**Ks for the people @ SVT ...............!

cyntaxx said:
Wow, this is disappointing...especially when Dodge and Chevy look like they're finally getting their acts together. :(

Mass production vehicals with the words Hemi, or srt....
no thanks.

As far as chevy, the vette is the only thing going for them.

They did it right with the Lighting, It sucks to see SVT go.
My truck is almost 6 years old now and I still get the .." hey
man cool truck".

Just remember... some years back Ford had SVO. SVO went away and shortly after that SVT appeared.

Ford is going through a lot of restructuring right now. The shareholders are looking closely, and a performance division isn't necessarily important to the bottom line, at least not for the immediate future. Ford just has to get the company making money again.

I think we will see the replacement (or return) of SVT in the next couple of years.

Now, if Ford pulls out of NASCAR, then I'll worry about them abandoning us performance addicts!

It really is sad to see that SVT is gone. I honestly do not feel any better about companies like roush and saleen taking over. Many of their products are all show and no go and are WAAAAAYYYY overpriced. DId any of you guys see the price of a stage three roush mustang?! over $50k when I last saw a new one. When you could have bought a cobra for alot less and made it much faster. I am very dissapointed but I am going to hope that Ford will Return with SVT when they get back on their feet.

Back