Surprised by a Cobalt SS

Camaro_eater

Beat by a truck....?
This is the first street race since the upgrades. I was cruising through O Fallon Mo and came up alongside a very healthy sounding Cobalt. It's some guy and his GF. He looks up and starts goosing his car wanting to play. I figured why not shouldn't be hard to beat. At about 30mph we hit it. He get the jump on me and starts pulling. It actually took a little bit to reel him in and pass him. We shut down at 80 with him only about a half car back. I asked him what he had done to his car and if he was S/C or turbo. He told me he has bolt-ons with the Eaton and pushing 300+ to the wheels. He asked me what I had done and all I said was a KB and he knew why he didn't walk me. I was sure impressed.

have you run your truck at the track since you have gotten the kb and other new mods on. your sig says 12.7 i hope that is before the mods

stock they are not very fast, i destroyed a turbo'd one...but i know that as soon as you tune/mod them, they become monsters

there is a black cobalt ss around town here everytime i see it,he is always reving up at me.i have never got beside it,but it loud as ****.sounds good for what it is.one day we will catch each other at the light then im gonna have to pull a good ole doc holiday on his ***:cool:

a friend of mine here in the KC area has a maroon one thats runs pretty good. i cant remember hp numbers, but he's been like 115-118mph in the quarter.

Back