supercharger

Do any of you fellows have or know someone who has had experience with this fellow on ebay that sells what I guess is rebuilt BD11A blowers and the mounting brackets for a gen 1 lightning? I have been waiting on one not necessarily a BD11 but a supercharger never the less, to come across on the classifieds but nothing has shown up and I was exploring options. Thanks

The brackets are nice in my opinion. I’ve bought 2.
1 Powerdyne and a Vortech. It’s what I have on my truck currently.

Thanks for the reply, if you don't mind me asking what kind of boost levels do you run with your Vortech and did you buy just a head unit and piece the rest of your system together?

What are your HP goals? Yuck! I just looked at the specs of that SC. Let me share what I bought for $3K comes with Limited Lifetime warranty. TorqStorm, hand made in MI. $3500 gets you the SC, 3/4" bracket, blowoff valve, some silicone elbows, carb hat, K/N filter and all hardware.

Good for 1250 CFM and 750HP.(website says 700HP. Sales says upto 750).
The DB 11 SC only is $1900?
Max Speed: 42,500 RPM
Max Boost: 16 PSI
Max Flow: 900 CFM
Max Power: About 450HP
Peak Efficiency: 84%

The only downside is turnaround time is about 8 weeks.

https://torqstorm.com/product/ford_351_windsor_supercharger_kit/

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am not sure of power goals yet to be honest I just received my Pimpx in the mail on Monday... I feel like a woman trying to pick out a pair of shoes.... there's to many options out there man! I have never had any form of power adder and sure have never tuned my own ECM. I am old enough to be a firm believer in a carburetor and have tuned a many of those but this is a whole new ball game for me. I think I have narrowed it down to supercharger but just not sure of the dos and don'ts I'm not looking to be crazy fast just want something to play with and still have my air conditioner and other creature comforts. But its a lot of money for me any way ' I want to get the product that is going to be right and not self destruct right out of the box. I will sure look into the Torqstorm.com set up thanks for the help. I was hoping somebody on here would want to upgrade there and put their old set up for sale but I have not had any luck over the last few months. I just redid my rear end and all the suspension in the back and installed Cal Tracs I'm fixing to install this Pimpx system and get that straightened out then dive into the motor and tranny. Its been a 14 year long decision but I am into deep turn back now.

What are your HP goals? Yuck! I just looked at the specs of that SC. Let me share what I bought for $3K comes with Limited Lifetime warranty. TorqStorm, hand made in MI. $3500 gets you the SC, 3/4" bracket, blowoff valve, some silicone elbows, carb hat, K/N filter and all hardware.

Good for 1250 CFM and 750HP.
The DB 11 SC only is $1900?
Max Speed: 42,500 RPM
Max Boost: 16 PSI
Max Flow: 900 CFM
Max Power: About 450HP
Peak Efficiency: 84%

The only downside is turnaround time is about 8 weeks.

https://torqstorm.com/product/ford_351_windsor_supercharger_kit/

This is interesting! Is there a different bracket set up for our alternators or drivers side bracket? What did you order differently than the set up shown in the pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, if you don't mind me asking what kind of boost levels do you run with your Vortech and did you buy just a head unit and piece the rest of your system together?

With the Powerdyne the truck ran great! No problems. Made around 6-7lbs boost. It was quiet too. Truck picked up over a second in the 1/4 mile too over stock. Ran a 13.9.

The Vortech runs great. At idle the blower is loud. It makes more boost and more power overall but my fuel system is preventing me from running more than about 8lbs boost at this time. I ran 13.5 with it.

I pieced both kits together. There’s enough info on this site and enough members to answer your questions that it’s really kinda easy. Just takes time and money when accumulating parts.

This is interesting! Is there a different bracket set up for our alternators or drivers side bracket? What did you order differently than the set up shown in the pic?

No, the Windsor kit is on the left. Air pump removed and alternator moved to bottom side. I haven't looked but they also make a dual SC kit good for 1150-1200HP. Puts a SC on each side. Not sure if they offer it for SBF.

Do any of you fellows have or know someone who has had experience with this fellow on ebay that sells what I guess is rebuilt BD11A blowers and the mounting brackets for a gen 1 lightning? I have been waiting on one not necessarily a BD11 but a supercharger never the less, to come across on the classifieds but nothing has shown up and I was exploring options. Thanks

I happen to have a bracket set for a vortech drivers side that has never been used. It’s the snakebit one that cutting edge built years ago. Serial number 008. I would sell it but I will tell you it’s not going to be cheap.

I happen to have a bracket set for a vortech drivers side that has never been used. It’s the snakebit one that cutting edge built years ago. Serial number 008. I would sell it but I will tell you it’s not going to be cheap.

Do you have any pictures? I wonder what is different about it compared to the ones on eBay offered by Superchargerrebuild.com?

Do you have any pictures? I wonder what is different about it compared to the ones on eBay offered by Superchargerrebuild.com?

40bc676233c3c3603d738ace20040928.jpg

I don’t have a pic, but this is one off a search on the forum.

A Snakebit is the bracket to have if you can find one. Its a well machined hunk of plate, with a stiffener bracket that keeps it from flexing. I'd love to have one again since I have a curved Volute setup on a stock Vortech bracket.
There's a thread somewhere here when Wayne made them.

IMO a 3/4" bracket is a necessity to make big power. A 1/2" bracket will flex like crazy under high boost. Trust me I had 2 separate braces...on with a turnbuckle. It gets hard to keep the belt on when pushing 65,000+ Rpm's. Part of the reason I decided to try out a turbo. The guy on eBay who sells brackets for our trucks said he could make them out of 3/4" no problem. If I ever went back to a blower that is what I would do.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The brace on top of the ac compressor all but eliminates flex for a v-3. Not a big boost supercharger and there are definitely better options for the huge hp builds.

The brace on top of the ac compressor all but eliminates flex for a v-3. Not a big boost supercharger and there are definitely better options for the huge hp builds.

It probably does at lower HP . I built an AC bracket for my Novi 2000 but I was really pushing it. I had to build another bracket that had a turnbuckle on it to keep belt from throwing. If I were doing it all over again I would change some things.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I apologize for dropping out of the conversation I have had my granddaughter all weekend she keeps me busy! Now there is a power dyne bracket for sale in the classifieds can that just be used with that specific charger or can you bolt others like a Vortech up to it also? I don't hear much talk of Novi or Pro charger on here is that because they are no good or just can't be adapted to our trucks?

I apologize for dropping out of the conversation I have had my granddaughter all weekend she keeps me busy! Now there is a power dyne bracket for sale in the classifieds can that just be used with that specific charger or can you bolt others like a Vortech up to it also? I don't hear much talk of Novi or Pro charger on here is that because they are no good or just can't be adapted to our trucks?

Bolt patterns for all the blowers are different. The guy on eBay from Superchargerrebuild.com makes others too for Procharger and Paxton Novi. There’s a guy (on Facebook revently) who put a Procharger on his and made it work with stock serpentine drive. It turned out nice. Everything/anything you buy will be somewhat custom. There are no (complete) kits for our trucks. It’ll take a little time to gather it all but it’s doable.

0cae4a3af9b88e4c31fb46892bcca809.jpg

Here’s the bracket I’m using. I drilled another hole and made a small bracket to mount to AC compressor too bolt for more support.

Back