Summer Fun

Hey looks like its been dead over here for a while :cr: What happened to everyone? I guess not having a track really killed it for the HLOC crew. Well Iv been working on my L and right now I have a big empty hole where my motor used to be :tongue: Next weekend the motor I got from Chuck is going in along with a 2400RPM stall converter from Circle D :D I hope to have it running for some fun over the summer. I may even bring it to MRP so be on the lookout ;k

Good to hear you're getting your truck up and running.
If you decide to come to MRP, let me know--I'm still there.
Unfortunately the perfect storm (HRP closing; Superferry gone; Economy) has probably not helped this forum.
Good luck to you Tad!!

I've got the Circle D torque converter plus the whole 4r100 kit they make. works good.Yep lost everything after 3rd gear in my 01, fine trans the J1 was. By the way, where is everybody? I see chuck's still round, what about John? laters
Cary

Good to hear you're getting your truck up and running.
If you decide to come to MRP, let me know--I'm still there.
Unfortunately the perfect storm (HRP closing; Superferry gone; Economy) has probably not helped this forum.
Good luck to you Tad!!

Yup all these things happening at once really killed it :mad: for everyone.

Well I got the motor in what a PITA that was. Need to order some other parts still to get it complete and running. Then need to get it tuned. Hopefully Ill have it ready in a month or so. Summer is going to go by fast :sigh: If I do head down to MRP over summer Ill surely let you know Chuck. If not over summer before the end of this year. I have a little friendly competition going with a friend of mine :D so Im definitely heading there soon after the truck is done.

Tad, take your time--summer (hot / humid) is here, so I'm getting ready to get some work done on my truck.
Cary--I talked to John about a month ago, he's busy w/ his family & work--btw, he still got his L.
Take care

Sup guys! Still here on the BI and got my L out of the shop. I blew a plug driving back home from Kona, and had it towed back to Keaau ($300 ouch!). Ed Miner from Kolohe Auto Repair had to rethread it and replace the coil as well as replace my plugs. Down another $700! No can win!

Hey Tad, is your truck on the BI? I want to know some good shops or mechanics around here that I can go to. I can do some minor stuff, but hard with limited tools. I still plan to keep it, at least untill I can restore it a little more before I actually plan to sell it. Give me a call if your on the island. My number is 808-542-4662.

Wassup HLOC boyz! Shout out to Chuck, John, Cary and the rest of the guys!

Wow $700 for that? Holy crap!

Well my L is on the BI but Im still on Oahu :embar: So progress on the L is slow. At least the motor is in its new home. Not many shops in Hilo that work on L's that I know of. Your probably ok if you go to RPM or Seans.
Not many modded L's from what Ive seen down there. Most people look at me funny when I tell them what I drive :blink:

Ill def give you a call one day when Im up there. Wish the L was running ;m

I'm still around and yup, we need another track.

Passed by a DSG Tuesday Ewa bound by the airport.

I had fun donating some of my F1's by the Checkers in Waipahu the other day :thumbup:

4259_1171248724045_1312815568_30464453_225772_n.jpg

Sitting pretty :thumbup:

Wow $700 for that? Holy crap!

Well my L is on the BI but Im still on Oahu :embar: So progress on the L is slow. At least the motor is in its new home. Not many shops in Hilo that work on L's that I know of. Your probably ok if you go to RPM or Seans.
Not many modded L's from what Ive seen down there. Most people look at me funny when I tell them what I drive :blink:

Ill def give you a call one day when Im up there. Wish the L was running ;m
LOL, I know...I think it was the first L the guy ever worked on! You know how it is the first time you change the plugs in these trucks, hehe. Yeah, so give me a ring next time youre in the BI. I'd like to see how your truck is coming along. Aloha!

Tad, I bit the bullet and installing JLP 3" exhaust---I have a Dynatech headers w/ Bassani SS catback for sale if anyone is interested.
How are you coming along?
Take care
Chuck

Hey Chuck,
OK I'll ask, how much for just the long tubes?
Kinda kicking myself for not grabbing the Whipple.

Congrats on the 3"!
Chan

wassup everyone, long time no see. It's been a while since Ive posted but I still have my L and I drive it everyday to work.

Chuck- congrats on the 3" exhaust. It's about time you got it. You pretty much have everything else in your L.

Lately there's been a lot of cops on the freeway and I got a couple close calls.

be careful out there,

John

Hey John--good to hear from you--watch out for the solo bikes--I just helped my daughter beat an "excessive speeding" ticket--71 mph in a 35 mph zone. The judge found her "not guilty" which I've been told is extremly rare. The officer & prosecutor were pissed. Hopefully she learned her lesson.

Hey guys :D I know its been a long while but progress is still being made over here. Im hoping to be starting the L this weekend. I dont know if it will actually run as I have no tune for the new setup. Ill be happy if it starts and kinda putters and dies at least I know it lives ;k.

Congratulations on the JLP Bassani R, Chuck. I can only imagine what that beast must sound like right now.

Unfortunately after the L is up and running good it will be up for sale again. Im planning ahead and the L doesnt fit in anywhere so its gotta go. If anyone know anyone who may be interested please let me know.

Ill keep you guys posted as to how it goes this weekend I got my fingers crossed :scared1:

Wow this place completely died. Well my L is still DOA but its back in one piece. Just need to fill er up and crank er over. Hope it all works as planned. I have the truck listed for sale again on CL. If anyone knows someone interested in it Im letting it go for a good price just contact me and mention you heard it here. Im really in need of a good 4 door sedan so the L is pretty much out of the picture. I would like to keep it but I cant afford another car with out selling this first.

Yeah what's up with that? The track may have gone, but the trucks still gotta be around! Seriously...

Do we need to take roll call? Heeeeere :wave:

Back