Summer bash needs a new venue.

huffentuff95

We have a new host

Something came up and I can not hold the bash at my home. Josh mentioned Quaker steak and lube. YOU ALL KNOW,I love to host parties but something came up. WE HAVE 6 WEEKS. any suggestions.. Ralph can we use your car wash grounds??? More central to northern guys. I would still help . Again sorry guys...

WE HAVE A NEW HOST:::
UNCLE FRANKS RACING
141 INDUSTRIAL LOOP STATEN ISLAND NY

I MILE FROM OUTER BRIDGE CROSSING EXIT 10 NJTP

FRANK WILL SUPPLY EVERYTHING JUST BRING YOUR TRUCK OR CAR AND ENJOY

FOR REFERENCE HIS SHOP IS 69 MILES FROM ATCO NJ.

ONE KICKER THE PARTY HAS TO BE ON SUNDAY AUG 14TH. BUSINESS ARE OPEN ON SATURDAY AND WILL HAMPER THE EVENT.. SO THOSE THAT WANTED TO COME TO MY HOUSE, WE HAVE A NEW VENUE...

Last edited:
While it sucks that Dennis can't host the bash, because it is always a fun time at Dennis's house with the burnouts, I have to say it's a little lame of the guys saying they're punching out or no longer going to try and make it if it won't be at Dennis's, before even having a new location set.

I know fully well that it's a guaranteed great time at Dennis's house since he's a great host, but it'll still be a good time no matter where we meet up getting a bunch of L's all together and hanging out for a day, especially in the middle of the summer when there's not much in the way of track events going on to get everyone out.

Anyway, Dennis, if it doesn't work out for Ralph to host it at his car wash, you can also check with Uncle Frank, he was looking to throw a summer BBQ up at his garage but hadn't set a date yet, so you could talk with him about combining it as one event. If that doesn't work out, as I mentioned before Quaker Steak & Lube is a really easy solution, but if that's the route, you should probably call ASAP just to make sure they don't have something else going on that day, and heck they could throw it on their calendar of events for August before they send out their monthly email of events and maybe we'd get some new L guys showing up if it said "Ford Lightning Bash" on their calendar. Shouldn't be a problem to get them to rope of the entire parking lot for us which is an easy 40-50 spots, and then all the logistics of food, drinks, bathroom, and parking are all taken care of. Heck they may even have their DJ come out since it's usually the same guy that comes for all the car shows there. Wouldn't be as great as the bash at your house with lots of burnouts, but it'd still be a good time, and really the easiest route planning wise, since there's very little to plan other than calling QS&L to rope the lot off.

Call it what you want Josh. I know at Dennis's house there is room to maneuver an enclosed trailer. I'm not driving 2 hrs to some where I don't know. Only to hope I can maneuver a trailer on their property. Because I'm not unloading some where else and driving an uninsured vehicle on Jersey streets.....

Call it what you want Josh. I know at Dennis's house there is room to maneuver an enclosed trailer. I'm not driving 2 hrs to some where I don't know. Only to hope I can maneuver a trailer on their property. Because I'm not unloading some where else and driving an uninsured vehicle on Jersey streets.....

How many acres do you need for this trailer?

Uncle Franks? Cool! Met him at Vinnies. I'll be there! Gas is cheap. Lightning gatherings are rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I certainly won't debate it'd be tough to maneuver an enclosed trailer at Uncle Franks when there's L's lining both sides of the street, although it is an industrial complex so there are tractor trailers that maneuver through there. Maneuvering it wouldn't be that bad, but finding a place to park it would be tougher without having to worry about parking at someone else's business.

But that doesn't mean bail totally. While it's great to have a bunch of trucks there, it's also good just having folks make it out to hang out and shoot the chit. It's a summer bash to hang out with other L owners more than a summer bash to line the trucks up for a car show amongst ourselves.

If anyone is too intimidated to drive their L to SI, or if it's a full race truck where you have to tow it in and it's more of a hassle than what it's worth for just the sake of bringing the truck there if it needs to be towed, then just catch a ride with someone else going, or drive the DD/beater, those folks are still invited to come. Out of all of the UF garage parties, there's been at least 4 if not 5 already, I've only had my truck at ONE of them. All the others it was either down for work, or in race trim where I would have had to tow it, so I caught a ride or took the Raptor, and still had a great time either way.

Uncle Franks? Cool! Met him at Vinnies. I'll be there! Gas is cheap. Lightning gatherings are rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the spirit!

Back