Struckby Cable Install

CharlesE

Installed Ed’s battery cables and alt cable over the weekend. Have a 130A on the way, but wanted to make sure everything was working with the Stock Alt. Can someone please check to make sure I have the connections correct?

a92ec151828d9fb7711cbab4e55348e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my 130 amp motorcraft alt installed, and I am still not getting a charge. The contacts from the alternator to the bracket were pretty clean, but I went ahead cleaned them anyway.

Truck off, battery reads 11.75 V
Truck running, battery read 11.5 V

What else can I check to see why I am not getting a charge?

Thanks

Has the new alternator been tested? I’ve seen some new from the box not work. Also is your battery good? Have you tested that also? Your battery voltage is low.

you may have a dud alternator or voltage regulator on the back of it. go to pa performance website, they sell alt's and have some very good and simple to follow diagnostic info. i've had 2 brand new ones be defective in the past.

So fixed the issue, installed factory alternator harness pigtail and all is good, I guess the new harness has a bad connection

And now the new harness is working, I had to install one wire into the harness, (post #2) apparently that was too much for me. . What a moron.

I didn't forget, if you look closely at the pic on Post #2, you can see the green wire isn't pushed all the way in to the connector, so it wasn't getting contact when I plugged it into the factory connector. So I pushed the green wire all the way into the connector like it was supposed to be and problem solved.

Back