Street Lightning /Harley Davidson

five0drw

STREET LIGHTNING / Harley Davidson*:

All-run field. Open Comp format. Handicapped, Sportsman (Full)-Tree (.500) start for Ford Lightning and Harley Davidson trucks, running 11.60 and slower. Full-chassis or back-half trucks not permitted. Delay boxes, throttle stops and other electronic bracket-racing devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time and ET is prohibited. Transbrake and two-step prohibited. Drivers will make three qualifying passes. The quickest ET from the qualifying runs will be a racer's competition index throughout eliminations. A one-tenth breakout (1/10th) allowance is permitted in each round. Deep staging permitted.

*This class is designed for Ford Lightning and Harley Davidson trucks only. There are no specific rules to the class because this class is an Open Comp-style class. Follow the above description only.

LPF will sponsor the class (same as last year)

IT IS THE COMPETITOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE BOTH CAR & DRIVER ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH N.H.R.A. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VEHICLE'S PERFORMANCE LEVEL.

Last edited:
Last year I spent several TnT trips getting my truck to run 12.1s so I would not go faster than alloted time. 12.13 and I was #3 qualifier because the other guys ran 11s.

I'm thinking about attending, but I'm confused on how the index works. Can I change my dial in or is it set no matter what? Also how does the 1 tenth break out worrk. I'm used to the regular bracket format so I've got the basics but somehow I can't wrap my head around this.

TIA

Your Dial IN is set automatically with your fastest of three qualifying runs. You are allowed a 1/10 breakout during eliminations.

Last edited:
So basically I need to sandbag a tenth during qualifications in order to be running close to my dial during eliminations?

Back