BBM
I Support the NLOC
Lightning Force Performance - Street Lightning Rules
  • Open to Ford Lightning or HD trucks trucks only, running 13.00 and slower
  • All-Run Field
  • Open Comp format
  • Handicapped (.500) Sportsman tree
  • Deep Staging Permitted
  • Per NHRA Rules any truck running drag slicks must have a driveshaft Safety Loop
  • Full Chassis & Back-half trucks not permitted
  • Delay Boxes, Trans Brakes, Throttle Stops, Two-steps and other electronic bracket-racing devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time & E.T. are prohibited
  • Snell “SA95” or later, rated helmet required for all drivers
  • $250 1st, $150 2nd, $100 3rd (trophy’s)
Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA “First or Worst” competition policy during eliminations, in a double red light or double breakout situation.

IT IS THE COMPETITOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE BOTH TRUCK AND DRIVER ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VEHICLE’S PERFORMANCE LEVEL

The Event Director reserves the right to combine classes if a class is deemed too small.

I read in another rules section about popping the hood after runs being a no no?

How about in this class? Can I pop my hood? Can you run the intercoolr pump via a switch to cool the sc fluid?

Thanks.

Only True Street Truck has the "no change or opening of hoods" rule. All of the other classes are just like the normal drag strip rules.

Hmmm...Would this be something where I could run in both classes maybe?

I am signed up for this one? If so can I get the discounted rate for the other class too? I run street tires now but I am hoping to get Nittos before Lfest if I can get money for them and wheels.

I would be able to run Nittos in both classes right? Would that require a DS loop? or only if I ran slicks?

Thanks again!

p.s. both are braket right?

You can run a second racing class for $45 (payable at the track registration time). Nitto 555R are DOT legal, and thus able legal to run in the True Street Truck class.

We have loaners at LF. I will be bringing 2 extra helmets.

....Dwight...

Oh thanks, do I need it in the test and tune or only in the actual street lightning racing? Also do you have to be 18 or older(or any age limitations) to race or is it open to anyone with a license? Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
1. You need the helmet any time you are on the track.
2. You must have a valid DL to compete---I think---maybe Shawn knows what the KCIR rules are?!

Track rules require a helmet anytine you are racing, and all drivers must have a valid Lic. You don't have to be 18.

Back