stock transmission problems

STANSTUF

I just started getting a hard jerk type of shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear at about 9 to 10 mph. It will happen at a normal slow start from a traffic light. All other shifts are smooth and I guess are normal for a stock setup. I have had the Lightning since new and never had raced it . It has 60000 miles on it. any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. regards Stan

I just started getting a hard jerk type of shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear at about 9 to 10 mph. It will happen at a normal slow start from a traffic light. All other shifts are smooth and I guess are normal for a stock setup. I have had the Lightning since new and never had raced it . It has 60000 miles on it. any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. regards Stan

Hot cold or it does not matter, do you have a tune in it or is it stock

You are not going to fix this on a message board, it could be a few things, low pump pressure, valve body, shift solenoid. You really need to take it to a trans shop or dealer to have diag done on it.

I took truck to trans shop .they could not find anything foreign in the pan or fluid.No codes showed on test . changed filter and new fluid ,did not help. Shop suggested a new solenoid pack but said that might not help.

I took truck to trans shop .they could not find anything foreign in the pan or fluid.No codes showed on test . changed filter and new fluid ,did not help. Shop suggested a new solenoid pack but said that might not help.

Give me the full vin and let me run tsb' and ssm's on this concern.

There is many tsb's and ssm's on this concern however all require tear down of transmission. You may want to bring it to your local dealer you can trust and have a further inspection done. It sounds like a valve body issue or a loss of pump pressure. :cr1:

Back