Staying at the track???????????

sstock

BIG D,

The accomodations at the hotel were very nice last year.
But I was wondering, Can a group of us stay at the track Saturday night and have late night BBQ and sing country western songs, that would be a real treat for us northern folk. Besides Mike James and I don't think Jerry and Justin can sing, sure as hell can't drag?:tu: Maybe pitch a tent etc. Still want to have a hotel room though for shower and shave sometime during the weekend:D.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I do not think that will be a problem as once we start the event on Friday morning, we will have a nighttime security just like last year. As we stated last year, people can tent, but there are no showers. So if a bunch of you want to howl at the moon and drink beer...not a problem as long as you don't drive off the coyotes...and get the Sierra Club after us.:D

...Dwight...

sstock said:
Can a group of us stay at the track Saturday night and have late night BBQ and sing country western songs, that would be a real treat for us northern folk.

Steve

Steve, just remember it's not "country western songs". There's 2 kinds of music: Country and Western. Heck, I listen to both kinds. j/k ;)

Vern

Hell yeah! Sounds good! Right on!

Sorry, just getting an early start on the singing.

Should I bring the jambalaya pot this year?

I doubt I'll sleep at the track given the slightly breezy conditions last year (I'm not as hard core as Marcus or Mike, I guess), but, if Colgan can keep his rear-end buttoned up this year, I'd love to hang out. ;)

OH, man did you have to bring that up...:D but look at all the fun FUN we all had working on it....:hh: and YES PLEASE bring the
jambalaya pan this year....ill buy if you cook.......steve

I have the equipment to cook for about 30 hungry guys. I had access to the stuff to cook for about 150 back in Louisiana, but, I'm not there any more. ;)

sstock said:
BIG D,

The accomodations at the hotel were very nice last year.
But I was wondering, Can a group of us stay at the track Saturday night and have late night BBQ and sing country western songs, that would be a real treat for us northern folk. Besides Mike James and I don't think Jerry and Justin can sing, sure as hell can't drag?:tu: Maybe pitch a tent etc. Still want to have a hotel room though for shower and shave sometime during the weekend:D.

Steve

I don't think I will be singing but the novi might do some singing down the track
:3g:

COme on camping at the track last year was not that bad. Me and the old man did it that one night.

Just pitched the tent ON THE TRAILER and it was all good.

:tu:

Trying to get a motorhome for this year though.

LightningWolf said:
COme on camping at the track last year was not that bad. Me and the old man did it that one night.

Just pitched the tent ON THE TRAILER and it was all good.

:tu:

Trying to get a motorhome for this year though.

If I recall correctly, Michael, you and your old man LOST the tent when you retired to the truck because the wind was so bad. :)

FYI for this year... make sure to tie that thing down. :tipsy:

It was tied down on one side! What else do you want. It is a trailer, can't drive plastic spikes into wood, believe me I tried. LOL

Only problem with RB&R is they take a looooooooooooong time to cook right. I've never tried to cook them in a pot on a burner; I'll see what I can manage.

Hi Jeff,

Actually they have RB&R (and BB&R) in freeze dried packs at the grocery store here in the Quad Cities. They cook in about 30 minutes, but we can't get GOOD sausage here.:(

I defer to your cooking prowess though!:D

...Dwight...in Rock Hill SC tonight and High Point NC next week.

Well I cann't cook worth a crap, but, I can haul beer like a motherf*cker. We will have to drink it all if I'm going to run on Sat. you know I beleive i weight reduction.:B2:

Bringing the thread back up.

Just wondering who is staying at the track. I will steal my pop's motorhome again this year. I had it up there last year. I won't have any room for anyone to stay, since I already have 4 others guys staying, but we will be drinking beer, mixed drinks, straight whiskey, and such. We will stay quite for the most part, but anyone is more then welcome to come join us and drink some cold ones. I will have some of that good TEXAS KEYSTONE. We can set outside and shoot the $h!t. We may hit the strip bar one night, but not sure yet, cause they lock the track down early.

See ya there,
Justin

Back