Spooling my TT - am I thinking right?

svtbarry

So my DD TT is pumping out 630 rwhp. It has a 3200 stall that is not too user friendly as a daily driven truck. Now we all know the problems with spooling up from low revs but I really need to drop my TC to a 2600 stall so my plan is to launch from around 2500 with a 1.5 - 2.5 second 75 shot. Am I thinking along the right lines? Or should I just say screw it and spray a 75 shot for the whole 1/4 ? Whatcha think guys?

yeah, its just that trial and error can get so friggin expensive with the differant tunes you need.

So my DD TT is pumping out 630 rwhp. It has a 3200 stall that is not too user friendly as a daily driven truck. Now we all know the problems with spooling up from low revs but I really need to drop my TC to a 2600 stall so my plan is to launch from around 2500 with a 1.5 - 2.5 second 75 shot. Am I thinking along the right lines? Or should I just say screw it and spray a 75 shot for the whole 1/4 ? Whatcha think guys?

Im gonna be testing out my 2600 artcarr, in the coming weeks and see how it does with no juice. And maybe some test with just a little....
Im running a single 76. If you get tired of your 3200 maybe we can work a trade....

Why So low of a Stall?? I don't I drive your truck. But with the 3500 PI lockup convertors that we have in 3 or 4 trucks that we built. They drive like there stock intill you try to foot brake them.

Red - good luck and thanks but my TC will be shipped back to PI for a restall.

351 - Well my 3200 feels very much like a slipping clutch does before it locks up. During mild acceleration the revs climb too high before lockup and is just too plain noisy for traffic conditions. Over 40 mph I can of course just lift of the gas a little and the trans will change up gear, so this is hardly a burning issue, it's just that the PI 2400 stall I have in my other L is so much more traffic user friendly and naturally revs much less before lockup in DD conditions.

SVTbarry, Just wanted to through this out there, there seems to be a difference in converters, even those rated to the same stall from manfacture to manfacture, many have noted that PI seems to feel soft on the 2400 thru 2800 converters, read the posts. I have a pro torque and have to say it feels like stock, zero bad road manner, you would never know its in there until you lay into it, Yanks is another-no often used in the Lightning world but a solid product, you get the idea before you go swapping and tuning which I agree with the above can be big coin do some reasearch, talk to people in the know and give them your combo and let them work it out.

I used a Circle D 5 disc lockup converter stalled to 4000 on the street with my TT setup and LOVED it. It spooled SOOOO fast and was very friendly on the street.

Something doesn't add up to me. I have a 3200-3400 PI triple disc and mine is very streetable until O/D. then it acts like a race converter as in over heating the trans on long drives.

I have my tuner have it at full lock up in first gear, where the converter will lock up at 38-40mph. After that it drives like a normal truck. However, it does take a little more pedal to make it move to a roll from a dead stop.

No, it is def locking in OD. I can feel it "bite" when it does. There really is no huge issue with the TC, it's doing it's job perfectly well ( I believe ) it's just not that streetable as my 2400. Tonight someone else drove my truck and said " Good Lord, what stall do you have in that thing ". So it's not just me being silly. I think my best bet is to have PI restall it to say 2600 and have a shot of N2O spool it up at the track, and have the 2600 keeping it tame for the street. Whatcha fink?

I'll let you drive mine at old town so you can see the difference.

I wouldn't go that low. Maybe 2800 if you really want to restall it.

Back