Spanked by a Subaru

DEL

So its friday night, the wife is gone for the weekend, so my kids and I hop in the lightning to go get some Krispy Kreme's (Yes, the Hot Now light was on)

We're on the way home and I see a car squirling around in traffic behind me. From the view in my rearview mirror, it seemed like he was working his way up to get next to me at the stop light. Sure enough he pulls up next to me at the light.

I'm never afraid to stand on it up to a certain speed. I didn't want to get too out of hand with the kids in the car. Anyway we take off and its obvious in about 10 feet that this guy is racing. The tires were a little loose in first gear. My bumper was even with his rear door up to about 55 MPH...then he slowly pulls away. Speed limit was 55 I probably only hit 65 before I let off, by then he was a half a car length ahead.

It was a new Subary Legacy GT. To add insult to injury, it was the station wagon version, and it still had Carr Subaru temp plates on it!

I sat in one of the Subaru's a while back...they are very nice inside. I like anything turbocharged too.

My truck is very stock, but I was still a little dissapointed. I had to save face with the kids so I explained to them that even though we got beat, we could tow that Subaru on a trailer if we had to so our rig is better .

Them Scoobies are awfully crafty; especially in the traction department.

What color is your truck? I may have seen you around town...

My truck is red. Its got 17" Eagle billet alloys...other than that its stock on the outside.

That would piss me off I hate Subaru's Or as I call them Scooby snacks! I see a Scooby I make it a point to destroy them but only if it is dry outside that is!!!

The new Legecy GT has a detuned version of the STi motor. Rated a 250hp. No slouch. The sedan and wagon weigh vertually the same so performance wise there is no difference. Bone stock the will do high 13's low 14's without much trouble. Shouldn't be a problem for a GenII but could be a handfull for a GEN-I depending on mods.

Dry or wet on the street AWD traction is tough to beat.

Scooby snacks go good with toasted marshmallows.:dp:

Back