Someone wanna change my plugs....?

quicksilver29

My '01 has 45K on her and has no history of plug blowout. I figure it's time to change them; I'd rather be safe than sorry. The dealership wants a fortune to replace all 8 -- I just laughed at them. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but this job looks like a total pain in the a**!! I live in Cordele (South Central part of the state right off 75). You bring the tools, I'll supply the beer and $$.

-Mike

It's really not that bad with the s/c and plenum off. Go ahead and pull these and clean your i/c at the same time as the plug change....two birds with one stone so to speak!:D

I agree with Ed. Pull your SC and midplate off. That is fairly easy. Then you can clean your IC.

Invest in a 5/8 deep well swivel socket. That will help you get to those back few plugs.

Good luck getting a torque wrench on some of the plugs! I used anti seize and just tightened them until snug...being careful not to over tighten!

When I put the TR6's in i didnt pull off anything. Just make sure you take your time & have a well stocked tool box and some beer for during and after the job. Oh yeah, anti sieze and dielectric grease are essential for a good job.

Back