so its about in 2 weeks...

plum360415

Mopar and Fords!!!!!!!!!
whos 100% going... and running what class...
Me.... Im running the true street class.. Cant wait to do some power shifting in the gen1.... Hope to get the win on the 13 sec class in the true street...:cool:

I'm still undecided.
Was leaning to true street, but now that I know you have to hit 13.000 I'm not sure.
The truck has been running consistant 12.5s 12.6s in cool air.
I figure it will be hot and muggy, with a full gas tank and a soft launch I might be right there.:?

Remember the closest to the 13.000 range wins. You don't have to run dead on that just be the closest person to that time.

I'll be there just not 100% on if I'll have my truck or not. Went to the track for the first time this year on Sunday and think my tranny is starting to go. I did get my personal best here though on my first run, but the other runs weren't as good.

You can run under your projected index but all 3 runs need to average in the 13 (closest person to 13.000 will be the winner of the class) second range to win that class or what ever index you are shootoing for. Just using the 13 second class as an example. It's the average of all 3 runs that counts. Red lights do not matter. Basically you want to be the one who has the best 3 run average in the class which ever one you decide to shoot for. If the best 3 run average in the 13 second class is a 13.425 then that person will be the winner of the 13 second class. No need to pick a class just shoot for which ever one you feel you have a chance to win and go for it.

I would bet that you will need to run an average of 13.00 to 13.03 to have a chance at winning the 13 second class. If the truck hooks up good and my 60' times are decent, I should be able to do that. I'm hoping to get some track time the weekend before Joliet.

And just to add to what Jeff said, you don't have to run 13.0 every run. If you get down into the 12's, say 12.8 on your first or second run, then you'll need to back out of it on that last run to get your average back above 13.0. If you average quicker than 13.0 and you "break out" of your index, then you'll just be one of the slower guys in the next faster class.

Correct it the combined 3 run average that counts. Not only do we have the Truck & Lightning class and True Street We have Open Comp,Modular Muscle and the Bracket race you could enter or just the car show if you do not want to race pick your poison. I just want everyone to have a great time with fellow lightning owners. It should be a great time to bad I will be stuck in tech most of the time.

Tried out my theory yesterday.
Drove the 90 miles to the track with the AC on.
Filled the gas tank up to the top in town.
Sat at the track for 30 minutes with the hood closed (81 degrees).
Little burnout and gently rolled into it for a blistering 13.06:)
Followed up 30 minutes later with a 13.11:rolleyes:
So with a few weather dependent adjustments (turn on the E-fan etc) should be right there.
You won't beat me this time Vern!;)

I'll be there 100%.
Flying in Thursday sometime leaving Sunday mid-afternoon

Sweet, see you there.....
On a side note, I will be running true street, on street tires, dont have the cash for a Detroit Locker right now, have the stock crap-lock in there now, with the street et's Im sure it would break,(5K clutch dumps) not that im scared to break it.... But loading up a L with a broken carrier/ holding up the races, is a pain in the ars, That I dont want to deal with...... But I will be there!!!!!!!!!

Update.... Detroit Locker will be here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5K rpm Clutch dumps will go on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update.... Detroit Locker will be here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5K rpm Clutch dumps will go on!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh snap(not literally) :scared1:

without clutch packs to deal with that thing is gonna hook. We have to get video of that!!

5k dumps FTMFW!!

Back