So, do you actually use your lighting for this?

S

SilverLightning

The past 2 seasons I have used my 2000 Lightning.
Next year, I will use my SE-R.

I haven't used my L yet, I usually use my Mustang.

------------------

Red 94 #1962
White 85 Mustang GT, Norcal Shelby Club Track car & SCCA C Prepared Solo II comp car.

I'm selling my ex-autocross car (today as a matter of fact), so I've been using the Lightning at the last two autocrosses. Next year, I'll probably autocross the roadrace car every now and then but primarily stick with the Lightning.

BTW, how do you like the new SE-R?
smile.gif

------------------
Pat
'00 Lightning, #981
'91 Sentra SE-R, SCCA/NASA racecar
'93 Sentra SE-R, for sale soon

I just started using mine, and will continue to do so. As well as a road course!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thepawn:
I use mine.
smile.gif
</font>
What mods do you have that put you into SP?

------------------
-Steve :}
N.L.O.C. #84
Hers: '00 Black #3644 (Pro Sport Tonneau, Bedrug, Stull black billet grilles)
His:'95 Black #1556 (Leer tonneau, Rhino Liner, FMS pulleys, K&N cone, Alpine stereo)
S.C.O.A. #1778
'99 Black Cobra Coupe #???? (Solo II FS)
'98 Black Cobra Coupe #2745 (soon to be sold)
'01 Ducati MH900e (Arrived 7-3-2001 !!!)
'99 Ducati ST4 (a 916 you can live with)
'91 Bimota Dieci (120 rear wheel HP; 480 lbs wet weight)
'83 Honda CB1100F (Wiseco 1127cc, Manley valves, Supertrapp)
View

[This message has been edited by Bimota Guy (edited 11-25-2001).]

A PSP open-air filter. Heh...its my only mod....lol...but actually, I seem to do better against the other ESP cars then I would against the F-stock group.

Daniel

F-Stock is a very competive class here too.

The SE-R isn't here yet, although I have had some seat time. (Engineer @ Nissan)
I like it, but simple put it lack some of the flavor of the original. It does make up for that in grunt (Torque) and Grip (Tire). And you can't forget the Helical Limited Slip for tearing out of the corners. Is it a good deal, I say yes. Is it the end-all-be-all of sport compact cars, not likely.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SilverLightning:
F-Stock is a very competive class here too.</font>

F Stock around here we have Dean Sapp (multi-time Solo II/ Pro Solo champ, brother of Neal of Speedvision Touring car fame), Sam Strano, Mike Johnson (2nd in FS at this year's Solo II nationals) and a few other fast drivers. I was close to them with my girfriend's Camaro, but I don't think I can beat them with the Lightning. Good thing they run in the "Pro" class locally.
smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It does make up for that in grunt (Torque) and Grip (Tire). And you can't forget the Helical Limited Slip for tearing out of the corners. Is it a good deal, I say yes. Is it the end-all-be-all of sport compact cars, not likely.[/B]</font>

The suspension and the limited slip (better than the "box of jello" viscous limited slip) should make it a bit better than the original Sentra SE-R. I've heard mixed reviews on that shifter, though.

The club I race with indexes all the novice-modifieds together actually, so I raced any novice-class modified (ASP, SM, AM, etc)...

I ended up doing not to bad for my first season, I came in second 4 out of 6 races. I also ran on my street-tire F1's, not race tires...(and the same F1s all season for that matter, lol).

Its alot of fun...
Daniel

Back