So Cal Is Shooting Ourselves In the Foot !!

Sorry i'd love to be at any lightning gathering but i am really broke. For now i'm working 7 days a week just to stay afloat..cannot even think about vacation for the next year at least. Mike, get as many pics and vids as you can i'd love to see some gen 1 trucks in action.

Well, It Would Be Nice If Someone Else Would Go. Then Buckley Would Not Have To Bring The PT

<~~~~~~~~~~ poor college kid:bm:

need i say more;m
id love to go as well... but i can barley get myself to school..
JD

terrible one said:
<~~~~~~~~~~ poor college kid:bm:

need i say more;m
id love to go as well... but i can barley get myself to school..
JD

ditto :( I've even had to neglect any lightning mod's as of late, including the 1 foot lower hanging front bumper of mine :( I miss a clean truck ;m

Heck, I can't even afford the Big Bear trip, much less Topeka. Lets see, truck only runs on race gas, so 3600+ miles @ 50 cents a mile equals, uhhh, too much. Not to mention trying to find stations that sell race gas along the way. Fraid not.

alphadoggy said:
Heck, I can't even afford the Big Bear trip, much less Topeka. Lets see, truck only runs on race gas, so 3600+ miles @ 50 cents a mile equals, uhhh, too much. Not to mention trying to find stations that sell race gas along the way. Fraid not.

Can't Talk Someone With A Stock Truck & Car Trailer To Buddy Up?

That's a great suggestion, Mike, I appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, my arthritis is also an issue (its a ***** getting old, but its better than the alternative). I am slated to get a new hip next month, so maybe I will be able to make some of these events next year.
:tug:

Just a thought but... I bet if this Lightning Fest was on either the East Coast or the West Coast it would probably attract ALOT more entrants and viewers. Topeka? I haven't actually been there myself but, it seems as though it's a relatively unpopular local judging by the showing of trucks. Infact, it seems that by numbers alone, we have more Lightning every year that could theoretically race. Wouldn't you agree? Then again, like most new events at remote venues, it may take 3 or 4 years to catch on. How many seasons has the FFW been going? Did they post the same attendance numbers in the first and second seasons as they do now? Probably not. It just seems a bit of a stretch considering that most of the trucks (Gen 2's) that may actually pay to race in an event such as L fest, probably are owned by average guy's living in the major city's far from Kansas. Yeah alot of the 8, 9, and 10 sec trucks may be more centrally located to Kansas, but it seems to me that money is the main issue with the organization of an event of such size. Wouldn't make sense then to locate such an event closer to places that have a larger population of these mildly modified and abundantly owned trucks? Hell, all the 8, 9, and 10 second trucks can travel in. That means guy's like you Mike, with the 13 second Gen 1's could get on the freeway and have alot more reasonable drive (or flight). Food for thought...

Well Nat & All, I Am In New Mexico, On The Way To Make A Showing & Collect Pics & Videos. Maybe When I Get Back You Guys Can Come Out To My Place For The Day & We Can Have A Post L Fest BBQ & Mod Party !!

Well Boys, I Am Here. It Was A Blast Yesterday To Caravan With 9 Trucks. Jerry & Justin Have Laid Down Some 9s Sparkman Was Still Gettin His Tune Down And Is Well On His Way To 11s. Sal Was Getting His Truck Ready, It Will Be Neat To See It Run.

One Minor Breakdown So Far, One Of The Nor Cal Harley Guys (airtroop) Windowed His Block Running 17lbs Of Boost.

Wish You Guys Were Here.

(Note To Nat):

Big D Says That If You Want To Take The Lead On A West Coast Nationals, To Start Making The Plans And He / Nan Will Support It. You Guys Want A West Coast Deal, We Have To Plan It !!

Well Mike, glad to hear you had fun. I'd love to get together some time in November to hash stories from L Fest. Everyone, let's try and make our November meeting revolve around pics and video from L fest. Start tossing the ideas out there and lets see what we come up with. You tell Nan and Dwight that the money is just waiting to be had out here on t he West Coast. Just plan the event and the rest is history....

REDLINED'93 said:
Well Mike, glad to hear you had fun. I'd love to get together some time in November to hash stories from L Fest. Everyone, let's try and make our November meeting revolve around pics and video from L fest. Start tossing the ideas out there and lets see what we come up with. You tell Nan and Dwight that the money is just waiting to be had out here on t he West Coast. Just plan the event and the rest is history....

Well Nat, Here Is The Impression I Got From D. If We Want A West Coast Centered Event, We need To Plant The Seed, Then They Will Support It. I Know They Worked Their Butts Off To make This happen Both Years And I Really Don't Think Most People Realize That. SupercabL and I will be At SEMA The First Week Of Nov Maybe We Can Work On Some Vendors For Some Sort Of Prelim Sponsorship, But The Ball Is Really In Your Court....

Mike if I was the "president" of the NLOC, then I would do just that. Don't you think if you were in charge, you'd take the event to a venue and location that you just knew would be a slam dunk? I mean what difference does it make where it's located in the U.S. if the event brings a TON of applicants? I don't care if it's East Coast or West Coast quite honestly. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to be about "affording" to put the event on.... correct? It should be a relatively simple business decision.

REDLINED'93 said:
Mike if I was the "president" of the NLOC, then I would do just that. Don't you think if you were in charge, you'd take the event to a venue and location that you just knew would be a slam dunk? I mean what difference does it make where it's located in the U.S. if the event brings a TON of applicants? I don't care if it's East Coast or West Coast quite honestly. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to be about "affording" to put the event on.... correct? It should be a relatively simple business decision.

Well, Right Now, It Appears That THEY (The East Coast Crowd) Are Well On The Way To making Things Happen In Their Favor.

So, Since No One Is Talkng About This Other Than You & I, Should We Try To Spark Up Something? Roy & I Will Be At SEMA Next Month And Part Of The Agenda Is To Spark Up Some Vendor Interest. Maybe We Could Get Vegas? I Am All For An Event That Is Less Than 1/2 Day Away, But I Can't Do It Alone....

Back