Smog pump eliminator

I recently bought a smog pump eliminator off corral and I plan on pulling all the smog stuff off my truck. Not sure what needs to go and I think the bearing needs to be replaced because when I spin it there seems to be some grinding. Of course I messaged the seller and he knows nothing of it. Where would I be able to get a replacement bearing and how do I do that? Also can anyone shoot me an idea of how it goes together? I think I figured it out earlier but I wouldn't be putting it on till the weekend. uploadfromtaptalk1396890473621.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396890503123.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396890525416.jpg

Pull the pulley bearing's snap ring(s) and remove the bearing. Get the branding and numbering off the bearing and re-order one. If you can at least get the numbering off the old one, often times you can simply google "pulley bearing XXXXXXXX" ... the Xs being your bearing's numbering ... an come up with a match. Otherwise, take the old bearing to like a NAPA store or somewhere where the sales folks have a clue and get it matched up with a new one.

For the most-part, all of the vacuum lines get pulled with the corresponding solenoid nipples getting plugged/capped except those associated with the EGR and the vacuum reserve.

Although everything's in different spots in your e-compartment all of your vacuum lines look pretty similar to those in the Lightnings.

This isn't a very big deal to accomplish. You just need to be aware of what you're pulling so's no to generate DTC.

Yup pull the snap ring and press it out. Go to a bearing supply like BOHLES (a company we have locally) and you should be able to get it easy.
As for install it is simple youll see how it goes in when you get the pump off.

Dam cant upload the pic. Top hole goes thru to block/head. Bottom attaches to lower arm of orig pump on back side.

Ok thanks, im going to see about getting a new bearing tomorrow. Any idea on what size belt? I think I have a 104 on right now due to the Saginaw swap. Where exactly should the tensioner be?

OEM air pump eliminator bracket

If anyone is interested, here's the OEM air pump
eliminator bracket P/N.. F6TE-8A620-AB

If you will be getting rid of your smog equipment i might be interested in buying it from you. Trying to return my 93L back to smog legal. Im in texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back