Smog delete? (need input)

marco

I wanted to get options of people who see deleted emissions on the Lightning's at car shows.....

I have pulled the engine out this weekend and I am just starring at all the emissions junk that is on he truck. I am in Oklahoma so we don't have inspections to drive. I want to keep the truck clean and very slightly moded, but I don't want to pop the hood and people think it has been "gutted".:headscratch:

Please comment and give me your thoughts..

Go for it.
I removed it ALL from my G1 used a billet delete plate on EGR and the plugs in the rear of heads. Delete pulley on smog pump
Had my tuner remove all the egr signal stuff from the ecm when tuned so no cel ever.

Never had any negative comments regarding deleted emissions.

Sold truck a couple yrs back and was non issue then as well.
I sold/gave away all the stuff afterwords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if you want to remove all the EGR and thermactor stuff including air pump, both egr and thermactor will have to be turned off in the tune or it will trigger codes and check engine light.

Yes, if you want to remove all the EGR and thermactor stuff including air pump, both egr and thermactor will have to be turned off in the tune or it will trigger codes and check engine light.

Can you purchase the tunes with a aftermarket programmer out of the box or need custom tunes?

Who did you go with?

Can you purchase the tunes with a aftermarket programmer out of the box or need custom tunes?

Who did you go with?

Not that I know of. Unlike a G2 these do not have "tuners" so to speak. Requires more "lap top" and code writing but I am no expert in the finer points if it.
Mine was tuned locally by Ron Bell at Bell Performance here in San Antonio. He is a well known in area for early Fox FI tuning and a great "carb" tuner as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a tweecer on ebay cheap and I'll email you a tune to turn both systems off.
Better than that have the tweecer sent to me and I will do it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Good read thank you.

You willing to help another fellow gen1 man out? I looking to get a tweecer myself

Find a tweecer on ebay cheap and I'll email you a tune to turn both systems off.
Better than that have the tweecer sent to me and I will do it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Good read thank you.

Thanks! I will start looking for one and send it off to you shortly :D

Back