Small TS Dash Update

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
Thought I'd share a small update I did to the A/F gauge in my Tuner Studio dash. I've always liked to see actual AFR vs commanded AFR (AFR target). But my brain processes a % better than just staring at numbers so I set up a % difference gauge inside the regular A/F gauge. Negative numbers means the actual AFR is lower than the target and positive means it's above. An example of how I could use this would be if I were tuning my VE table to get commanded and actual to line up. All I would need to do is multiply the VE value by 1.007 to raise the number or 0.993 to lower it. An easier example would be if I wanted to raise my fuel by 10% I could multiply the VE value by 1.10 or if I wanted to lower the value by 10% I would multiply by 0.90.

latest dash.JPG

ve table.JPG

I have been struggling with the solid number value for a while. I would much prefer to have percentage aswell.

also. is that your actual VE table. my lower kpa values are significantly higher than that. i've always wondered why but it runs good so never questioned it until right now.

I have been struggling with the solid number value for a while. I would much prefer to have percentage aswell.

also. is that your actual VE table. my lower kpa values are significantly higher than that. i've always wondered why but it runs good so never questioned it until right now.

I'll make a quick guide on how to set that up, the beauty of Tuner Studio and MegaLog Viewer is the sheer versatility. But it also comes with a good sized learning curve.

Yeah that is my E85 VE table, honestly as long as it runs good then, like you've seen, no need to change them.

See if this makes sense, I had to find some free software to make the video and I cannot adjust for my screen resolution so you'll want to full screen it.

Here is the value to paste in the channel editor box

( afr1 - afrtgt1 ) / ( ( afr1 + afrtgt1 ) / 2 ) * 100

Could have to do with your target AF ratios in that range. In the idle/cruise range, mine are higher than Raymond's. My boost numbers are radically lower, though.

1661429271950.png

BTW, I just use the "EGO Corr %" for my correction factor. It's one of the default fields. It lags actual AFR error by whatever the PID settings are, but it's functional as a correction factor. White truck dash:

1661436552769.png

Last edited:
BTW, I just use the "EGO Corr %" for my correction factor. It's one of the default fields. It lags actual AFR error by whatever the PID settings are, but it's functional as a correction factor. White truck dash:

View attachment 103337

Yeah that's certainly a good item to look at. However, depending on settings, it does not apply to all scenarios and certainly not WOT. But again EGO correction is a great item to have, now I need to find a place for it :)

EGO settings.JPG

I'm definitely not looking at the dash at WOT since mine is on the laptop, sitting on the center seat.... I just log and review it afterwards.

I'm definitely not looking at the dash at WOT since mine is on the laptop, sitting on the center seat.... I just log and review it afterwards.

LOL 100%, I've created the same calculated field in MLVHD, again it's simply a nice reference.

Its very possible I'm just blind but I can't find the EGO Corr % in the drop down selection I have EGO correction 1, but not % which is what i have been using.

I also tried following your video. I can't select "advanced" as its grayed out. unsure why i don't have that option.

Its very possible I'm just blind but I can't find the EGO Corr % in the drop down selection I have EGO correction 1, but not % which is what i have been using.

I also tried following your video. I can't select "advanced" as its grayed out. unsure why i don't have that option.

Ah, that might be a Tuner Studio version thing. At the very top of the screen it will tell you the version and who it's registered to. I have TunerStudio MS Ultra

FYI, regarding the variance in low load VE values discussed above, assuming all settings and calibrations are the same (which isn't necessarily a safe assumption), the cam is what dictates this. A stock cam will have values WAY higher than a large cam simply because a stock cam is much more efficient at low RPM while the big cam has a ton of overlap that hurts low RPM efficiency (but makes up for it at higher RPM).

Back