Single Action Coil Spring Compressor?

bumperquip

Anyone have experience with one of these?

Good ... Bad ... stupid of even considering it?

I've got 4 struts to replace removing 4 lowering springs and I am not a fan of the two piece tools but haven't used one of these.

The springs to be messed with are not truck or SUV springs ... they're on my Nissan sedan.

Capture.jpg

Lol
0b5101404e0018d5c14aeaf592cf58c2.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya Ron that one you posted looks like it will work fine. But IMO it is overcomplicating things for the processs being done. I have always used the 2 piece setup that you rent at Autozone or O'Reilly on all my Jap cars. Never had a problem. Just a few zips back and forth with the impact on each one. You would have to draw one side down insanely farther than the other for it to be a problem.

Thanks for the input guys ...

This certainly is work a local shop is equipped to do, but honestly I'm so exasperated with and angered by repair shop incompetence, up-selling and apathy, I just wanna do every damn thing myself.

Ya Ron that one you posted looks like it will work fine. But IMO it is overcomplicating things for the processs being done. I have always used the 2 piece setup that you rent at Autozone or O'Reilly on all my Jap cars. Never had a problem. Just a few zips back and forth with the impact on each one. You would have to draw one side down insanely farther than the other for it to be a problem.

This. Never had a problem.
Hell a ratchet strap will get it done as well.

You dont need that much compression to swap um over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back