Sick of these BBK valve covers!!

Trav4011

Ok, so, this is the 3rd time I've attempted to get them to seal up, and STILL have a leak.. I've ditched the crappy gaskets that come with them already, and used RTV sealant, but, I still have a leak somewhere in the back..

What covers can I use, that will let me use the factory rubber gaskets? (Besides stock)..

Travis

I've got a set of team breed covers for sale. They use the factory gaskets and are top notch. "Lightning" is engraved on them

Last edited:
haha I'd say "told ya so" on those POS covers, but the leak did save your motor from the timing chain problem, so guess they deserve to hang on the wall in your shop, but not adorn your truck :rofl:

Team Breeds are the only other brand I know of that utilize the stock gaskets. I almost got a set of the bbk's in chrome till JL told me they leaked like crazy. I still almost went for them, but glad I didn't! Painted stockers here with some chrome dress up between the ridges lol

Paint08.jpg

i don't blame ya there not the quickest things in the world to be goin on and off everyday.I painted my stockers with the Duplicolor engine paint pretty happy withem.

haha I'd say "told ya so" on those POS covers, but the leak did save your motor from the timing chain problem, so guess they deserve to hang on the wall in your shop, but not adorn your truck :rofl:

Team Breeds are the only other brand I know of that utilize the stock gaskets. I almost got a set of the bbk's in chrome till JL told me they leaked like crazy. I still almost went for them, but glad I didn't! Painted stockers here with some chrome dress up between the ridges lol

Paint08.jpg

lol.. I know it.. you definitely did warn me. ;) They just look so damn good, I figured I'd give them a shot.

I guess I'm going to get the Team Breed covers..

Travis

lol.. I know it.. you definitely did warn me. ;) They just look so damn good, I figured I'd give them a shot.

I guess I'm going to get the Team Breed covers..

Travis

haha I almost fell victim to the same temptation. I would have went team breed if I had the money at the time. Next buildup I'll add them.

I threw my stockers away.. like a dumbass.. lol.. So, now I have to try to find a set of stockers, at least, or poney up and get the team breed's.

BBK are u kidding me,there still business? LOL. I wont buy ANYTHING from them. I remember when i had my 4 mustangs and bought true fit equal length headers,true fit my a**,didnt fit had to jack motor up and still rubbed onframe,called BBK they are like they should fit,lol. Bought something else didnt come with directions,called them should be self explanotory. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

BBK are u kidding me,there still business? LOL. I wont buy ANYTHING from them. I remember when i had my 4 mustangs and bought true fit equal length headers,true fit my a**,didnt fit had to jack motor up and still rubbed onframe,called BBK they are like they should fit,lol. Bought something else didnt come with directions,called them should be self explanotory. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

My BBK LT ceramic 1 5/8" headers fit my 93 Cobra after I replaced the tired worn out engine mounts with Energy Suspension pieces :D. They're great looking, and still look great (unlike the MACs that I had on my 92 LX that turned all blue and purple :bm: lol). I've been happy with my BBK products. It is MAC that I will never deal with again. The flange on the MAC make it so damn hard to put the header back on after they've heat cycled. They warp and each primary has it's own flange so you end up with a prybar and elbowing the motherf'r on there. O well ... I'll stop hijacking this thread to rant about headers that I don't even own any more ....

Ive had BBK's on my truck for 80K and they never leaked a drop. But i did a lot of work before i put them on. First i made baffles for both sides. Just like the stock ones have. Only i did a better job then the OEM's. Also i drilled and added needle bearings as pins to hold gasket while i installed them. Like 8 pins per side. Then glued the gaskets down to covers. Let me guess, right side leaked. That's the hard side. Right side is why i drilled and installed pins. I have a thread here on the install. If i remember right. I say don't try and install these covers unless your a killer mechanic or you have your engine out. Very hard to install them while engine is in. If i had to do it over. I probably wouldn't buy BBK's. But they can be installed with out leaking and thats a fact. :)

Back