Shirt logo / truck sticker idea inside...

B

BlackCloud

I was playing with Illustrator the other day (I'm teaching myself the program, so this might be a little crude)and came up with an idea for a GLOC t-shirt logo and/or sticker . What do you of this:

518-761-6445.jpg

Since I had a shirt in mind I stuck with the black and white theme, but if you'd like I could inject some color into this thing - just let me know what colors you think would look good and where.

Gen 1 guys, I need your help finding suitable picture of a Gen 1 truck. I think two versions of the logo would be cool - a nice personal touch.

I also included the screen name, model year, and build number. At shows, meets, etc. I think this will be nice so you can place a screen name with a face.

Let me know what you think, I am definatley open to suggestions...

------------------
Brett

'01 SVT Lightning
Black

MGW Satin Auto Shift Knob
MGW Satin A/C Knobs
MGW Satin SVT Lighter
MGW SVT Hitch Plug
BedRug

No performance mods...yet!
Soon to be JL Enhanced!

13.760@99.81 (2800 miles, stock)

518-664-5300.jpg

***The BlackCloud Photo Gallery***

'92 Mustang GT
Solid Emerald Green

Ported GT40 Heads, Cobra Intake, E303 Cam, 24lb Injectors, C&L 73mm Mass Air, BBK 65mm TB, 1 5/8" Headers, 2 1/2" Dynomax Ultra Flo Catback, 3.73 Gears, MAC Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Springs, MM Caster/Camber Plates, MM Full Length Subframe Connectors, '93 Cobra Rear Bumper, LX Taillights & Tailpipes

BC: Nice graphics--I would try erasing the 'periods' after G,L,O, and C.? But, I want one.

How about our best ET on there too-------J/K--LOL.

Dan

Dan,

I couldn't decide on the periods myself. Here it is without them:

518-761-6453.jpg

Now I do think it looks better without them.

As for the best ET, wouldn't we be changing that a little too often? We'd spend more on decal than mods - LOL!

Brett

I think the shirts look great. We definitly need for someone to come up with a great looking pic of a gen1. All in all I am interested.

The Gen 2 truck was Ford's 2001 concpet sketch, does anyone know if Ford had a rendering of the Gen 1 trucks when they came out? If not, someone send me an angle view of a Gen 1 and I'll put it in the logo.

Brett

Thanks for dropping the 'periods' BC. I think that looks better too. Look forward to meeting you and all the other Lightning 'fanatics' in Jan.

Dan

I got a cardboard poster about 20"x40" on the Gen1 Lightning and shows a good picture from the drivers side coming through a turn plus a side view and specs.Got it from the Ford dealership when I bought my truck.It was the last truck they could get and had.Told the salesman he ought to throw it in with the truck and he did I'm glad I asked.Need to show to someone because its a good picture of it sliding through a turn.Dale BOLT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Red 95 #2075 of#2280

------------------

Hey Brett. Great work!! The logo looks cool.

But, I have a problem with it depicting actual trucks.

It is my belief that we need to do whatever we can to prevent the Generation Split between owners. The logo should represent something we all have in common. We all have Fords, we are all fast, we all have Lightnings, etc..... That is why the NLOC logo works so well. At first it may seem understated. But, it tells all---the oval represents the Ford, the Lightning logo depicts our trucks, and the name of the club is there. The other thing that makes it great is that it is easy to reproduce---everyone from us making flyers to a printer making shirts---the logo will remain consistent in the quality of its reproduction.

I case you are wondering, I started out my professional life as a Graphic Designer producing corporate IDs for small and large companies. The way to develop this logo is the we have been doing it so far. We all need to come up with ideas like Charlie's and Brett's. Then, we take the good from all the designs and come up with one that meets all of the requirements.

Sound fair?

------------------
usf26.gif

gaflag.gif

Kevin Lewis Proud to be NLOC Member #405
93 Black SHO ATX - Cone Filter, Eibach Springs, and Doug Lewis Tranny
93 Black Lightning - Stock
95 Black Lightning - Vortech S-Trim, TW Heads, 1.6 Rockers, Lunati Roller Cam, Mass Air Conversion, 36# Injectors, Chip by PSP, Precision Industries Converter, Bassani Headers and XPipe, Dynomax Race Mag Bullets, Full MSD Ignition, Electric Fans, ART Front Rotors, And waaaaaay too much fun.....
low_95.jpg
nloc6.gif

My 95 when it was down low, stock height now.

that is a cool logo, we could just replace the truck with a ford emblem if yall dont want the trucks. wayne

I am not sure we have rights to the Ford logo. I think Jeff Sparkman was able to get the NLOC rights to the Lightning logo. But, that was a s far as we could go or afford.

But keep the creativity flowing, we'll come up with something.

Looks great Brett. I believe as long as he doesn't "sell" the logos he doesn't need to buy the rights to the Ford logo. Not gonna swear my life on that one though.
wink.gif

Frank

------------------
2001 White Lightning
#2539 of 6381
The REAL Mayor of Truckville

My best e.t. sucks right now so I weouldnt want to put it on there. But it looks really cool. I would like to see a gen one on there. Maybe that will take care of the generation gap that Kevin was talking about.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
White Guage Faces
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows
0R12881.jpg

Putting a Gen 1 on there still creates a division between trucks. Put them both on? What happens when we have a Gen 3? Then, all of our logos are invalid.

The goal is to create a timeless logo. A tough proposition, but possible.

Now if they change the Lightning logo on the next Gen, then we are in trouble.....

------------------
usf26.gif

gaflag.gif

Kevin Lewis Proud to be NLOC Member #405
93 Black SHO ATX - Cone Filter, Eibach Springs, and Doug Lewis Tranny
93 Black Lightning - Stock
95 Black Lightning - Vortech S-Trim, TW Heads, 1.6 Rockers, Lunati Roller Cam, Mass Air Conversion, 36# Injectors, Chip by PSP, Precision Industries Converter, Bassani Headers and XPipe, Dynomax Race Mag Bullets, Full MSD Ignition, Electric Fans, ART Front Rotors, And waaaaaay too much fun.....
low_95.jpg
nloc6.gif

My 95 when it was down low, stock height now.

Hey all, thanks for the feedback!

I just wanted to clarify, I wasn't really trying to create a club logo, this was just an idea for a shirt or sticker that we could wear or put on our trucks as a way of identifying ourselves. Obviously, I don't think our individual screen names, build numbers, etc. should be in our group logo. I have a hard time putting a screen name with a face, and since we all post on the internet, this would be a way to identify who's who.

As for a club logo, I think it should be much simplier than what I posted. Something that breaks out our name and possibly ties in something to represent Georgia would be fine.

The graphic I posted would be nice on the back of a shirt while the "official" GLOC logo would be good on the front.

Anyway, that my $0.02...

Brett

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlackCloud:
For inspiration, here's another idea...

518-761-6521.jpg
</font>

not only would that make a great shirt, but in a simple sticker form I would gladly place that on my back glass.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlackCloud:
For inspiration, here's another idea...

518-761-6521.jpg
</font>

BC: Maybe a small GLOCK handgun in one corner.................just kiddin'!!!

I really like what you have done--good work!

Dan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD:
BC: Maybe a small GLOCK handgun in one corner.................just kiddin'!!!

Dan
</font>

I don't have the artistic ability, but what I really want to do is draw a Glock shooting a Lightning as the bullet with a lightning bolt behind it (where the fire would be. Kinda hard to describe, but that would be cool.
biggrin.gif

Another cool idea would be a Glock sitting on a table with the clip out and a bunch of little Lightning trucks laying around that are the bullets, maybe even a box of "Lightning" bullets...

Brett

Back