Shipping Dos and donts..

emc2809

Hi everyone, so I got my hands on a tube bumper from a gentleman who owned a 93 Lightning.. I’m in LA and he’s in the east coast, so I’ll need to get it shipped.. my question is, what should I ask for to make sure I’m not being played and my money gets stolen.. or and advice on shipping would be great. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the seller a member here ... if so, who is it?

Paying through PayPal and paying for goods and services (fee is accessed) is a safer way to go about things.

Perhaps you could ask the seller to provide you with shipping verification prior to you submitting payment?

He’s not a member here, first thing I asked.. I asked him if we could do it through PayPal.. he said that was fine, he would set one up today so we can do it through there. If I ask for shipping confirmation that would mean he would have to pay for shipping and I would reimburse him right? I’m trying to keep it mutual on both sides.. I’m sure he’s trying to be cautious too..

Make sure you get a tracking number too...

- - - Updated - - -

He’s not a member here, first thing I asked.. I asked him if we could do it through PayPal.. he said that was fine, he would set one up today so we can do it through there. If I ask for shipping confirmation that would mean he would have to pay for shipping and I would reimburse him right? I’m trying to keep it mutual on both sides.. I’m sure he’s trying to be cautious too..

Yes you would pay for shipping unless his price includes shipping..

I myself,......have pretty much stopped shipping large items like tires/wheels & body parts (bumpers, hoods & etc) across the country,... several years ago. It's simply too much trouble, not too mention,...the risk of damage is really high.

If I can't put it in a cardboard box to ensure safe transit,....I list it as pick-up ONLY.

Yea we already sorted out payment plus shipping and packaging.. it does sound like a hassle but he’s being pretty cool about it. I can’t find an affordable black bumper out here in SoCal.. everyone is asking for an arm and leg and this guy is being real cool about the price.

If I ask for shipping confirmation that would mean he would have to pay for shipping and I would reimburse him right?

That's the way it'd go ... but also you don't pay anything (cost of item or cost of shipping) until you receive shipping confirmation.

My personal recommendation would be to use a PayPal account and pay through PayPal using a credit card. That way, you have some safe-guards and recourse if things don't go as desired.

Thanks for the help, gents! Really excited for this tube bumper.. hopefully everything goes smoothly..

Sounds like the payment part is well covered, but shipping that is going to cost you your first born. If you have a Fastenal Company close to both of you ship it through them. they'll be about half the cost.

I pulled the trigger on the bumper and do not regret it at all! Thank you guys for the helpful info! $350 for the bumper from Maryland to LA.. the guy that sold it to me was awesome, didn’t BS around the bush, straight to the point, not money hungry.
164d17ce9fc2530eb066ff7dfa1ab3c3.jpg
a9f386e0ff0cd95834c45f5dba1392b7.jpg
941b09da72e312fce0433590cf3b249a.jpg

Yea man, I had to jump on that. Great guy. Had a 93 L with a roll pan sold the truck and forgot he also had the tube bumper in storage.. he told me $200 and pay for shipping and wrapping material.. done deal lol

Back