Shift point

Javi347

Javi347
I have a v1 supercharger 7.5 lbs boost edelbrock performer heads bassani exhaust converter 410 gears and mass air convertion. Bad thing it shifts at 5000rpm wot. Is this ok or shouldnt it rev higher like 6? Looks like its been tuned with a chip does the chip cojtrol shift points? Any advise helps

As a general rule of thumb the WOT shift point is the rpm at which the shift rpm drop gives the most area under the hp curve. This means the shift point will vary according to rev limit, gear and shape of the curve.

A shift at 5000 rpm is different to the stock shift points for C3P2/3 and ICY1 ecu's.

I have a v1 supercharger 7.5 lbs boost edelbrock performer heads bassani exhaust converter 410 gears and mass air convertion. Bad thing it shifts at 5000rpm wot. Is this ok or shouldnt it rev higher like 6? Looks like its been tuned with a chip does the chip cojtrol shift points? Any advise helps

if stock cam i wouldnt go to much higher your power will drop. if nice cam raise those points and pick up some times:tu

Question not answered

I know it depends on the cam . Isnt 5000 low even for a stock motor???
Like i mentioned it has blower 7.5 lbs edelbrock performer heads bassani exhaust converter 410 gears and mass air convertion 42lb injectors external fuel pump ..

Last edited:
Back