Sept2/3- Show/Truck Drags at KCIR- ideas?

K

kcstorm

Well fellow bolt owners thought I would just get the juices flowing and wonder if plans had been made by everyone for this event:

Vern- Have we got most of the group coming back from the Fun Ford day? Mabey have a pre-race day of fun on Sat?

Shawn- Is that first Sat. of the month the one used by the same car group that was there when we were at Hooters? If it is then we may need to have a pre-race planning strategy meeting there right?
wink.gif
Mabey five0drw or Caa76 could help too? We could take up the east side of the lot and have our own little show of Lightnings.

Hope we can get everyone from last time at KCIR to show cause the Typhoon's/Cylones's sure will be there in #'s if anything like I saw last year. Well just wanted to put a feeler out there early enough and see what comes back so hope to see you there.

------------------
99 Lightning-no mods yet but PSP products in the future
97 Probe GT- stock

Troy sounds like a plan for Hooters. It is that Saturday night so we should have a good time. If you could e-mail me your phone number, need to talk to you.

Later
Shawn

I can be there on Sat. night and Sunday. Looking forward to it. Don't know if everybody can make it or not. So, HEY ALL YOU LIGHTNING OWNERS, COME ON DOWN! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

Really, I hope everybody who can make it will show up. I'll bring my canopy to go with yours, and of course Roger will bring the ice
wink.gif

Anybody want to cruise to KC with me? I'll probably go down Sat. and stay over.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

WELL, COUNT ME IN. IM A VIRGIN TO THIS WHOLE THING, SO IM GAME. IM RUNNING STRAIGHT PIPES AS OF YESTERDAY, DAMN LOUD! WHAT DO I NEED FOR KCIR? DO U GUYS WANT TO MEET BEFORE? HOOTERS? WHAT HAPPENED TO FRIDAY NIGHT HOOT NIGHT? ANYWAY THATS ANOTHER SUBJECT, I NEED TO GET A HOLD OF PSP, ANY SUGGESTIONS? I THINK SAL IS ON HIS HONEYMOON OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT-- WHAT AWAY TO RUN THE BUSINESS, SORRY IF IM TALKING(TYPING)TOO MUCH. WELL, TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER.

------------------
00 SILVER L
NO MODS YET!

Shawn, what's the difference in the classes at the All-Truck drags? There's supposed to be a Street Eliminator and Pro-Truck Eliminator classes. I figured the S.E. is handicapped bracket-style and the Pro class is heads up?

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

i have the flyer and i will make it a file and send it out.it has a show class and it will be a bracket with best dial in just like ford day. should be a ton of ty//sy they have ben really talking it up on other thread warzone..

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Sounds like most of the rowdy crew has it planned so it's off to a good start already
wink.gif

Shawn- For some reason the library computer won't email so just give me a call and put it in mailbox #2 at (deleted). Mabey we could get to Hooters about the same time as last and corden of an area for some of the others.
You have any suggestions?

Vern- I'm still on a holding pattern for going down to Columbia since Ford hasn't told us if were working this weekend but I'm still trying to make it a "go". IF I can then I will try to hook up with Shawn and see you then. Is this in a parking lot or town square type setting? Sounds like the Woodward Cruise in Detroit I wish I could have seen but was nextweek.

Caa76- first off sorry about last Sat. possible meeting but I had to work/ bad weather/ Shawn's post showing we had other plans/ it just couldn't work. This next meeting will be a hit for sure since the car club that will be there also has some really nice rods and muscle cars. Therefore, this next Sat. planned should be much better all around. So much for that now what is this about going straight pipes- yeah I bet it sounds loud like a truck(MACK TRUCK)-LOL!
wink.gif

As far as KCIR- a must have is a helmet just to make sure no problems/? should arise. Finally PSP, what can I say, I know it's a pain and your right about your observation. I'm just in no hurry and money is going to other things for now. There is always Superchips or mabey try the Injectech one since I don't think anyone in here has tried it, not even Roger I believe.

Five0drw- thanks for the info keep us updated ,You got plans for that pre-race Sat?

Well I know this is WAY TO LONG a post but hope this can move things along some more.
thanks everyone.

------------------
97 Probe GT- stock

[This message has been edited by kcstorm (edited 08-28-2000).]

Hey everyone; Just got back into town and am trying to get caught up on things...

Vern: You betcha on the ice. Doubt it'll be enough for the GM Mini-trucks tho.

kcstorm: Actually I think I'll be contacting Inject Tech soon. While I was in Detroit I ran into SilverBullet at the FME car show and had a chance to talk about some stuff. (Also got a look at Casper's truck --with the '01 stuff on it).

Finally get tired of Detroit huh? Roger I pretty much was about to shoot the receptionist of your hotel on the phone. He wouldn't give a number because I couldn't remember your last name. Well stupid me never thought of going over to your hotel to look for your truck and mabey catch you outside. I was totally suprised we never even had a chance meeting with 4 days to go through. I went to most everything, 2 of 3 plant tours, Milan drags early Friday, cocktail reception,
cruised on Woodward, SVT Experience both days,and still didn't see you. I even talked to Silverbullet too on Saturday so tell me next week what you were guys talking about. I did see a couple guys who were at WFC this year at the cocktail reception and we drooled over the new 2001 Lightning. Then by chance met a guy while talking to John Colletti who lives in Overland Park and has a Cobra but left it there while attending college at Univ of ILL now. Well hope the drive didn't leave you too road weary to keep you from making next weeks jaunt. Just got back this Sat. from Jefferson City and talking it up with Shaun, Vern and Brenda(?), sorry my mind wasn't the best that night. TOO DAMN HOT! Well hope your resting and prepping the icemamker at home. C ya.

------------------
97 Probe GT- stock

kcstorm: Yeah, 3 weeks and I was ready to go. You wouldn't have seen my truck up there since I flew up on biz. Did have a friend up there who chauffered us around in his town car and with his ID got us into all kinds of cool places -- Not to mention falling into a pair of tickets at the Start-Finish line for the Pepsi 400 @MIS; but that's another story. We'll discuss the rest sunday...

What time is everyone planning on getting to the dragstrip on Sunday?

My retrax tonneau cover got here this evening and the only time I'll have to install it is Sunday after I get home :-(

Count me in for Sunday. I'll drive down in the morning and meet up with everyone at the track. I'm going to run in the Steet Eliminator class, is that what everyone else is planning to run?

It seems kind of odd to me that they're advertising it on the KCIR website as the "2WD Street Eliminator" (with the Sy/Ty club being a sponsor). Aren't the Sy's/Ty's 4WD? ;> )

Scott
'99 Lightning

[This message has been edited by Scott (edited 08-30-2000).]

Well, sorry everyone. Just got the news today that Sunday is a mandatory workday for me. At this stage I'm not really sure even what time I'd get off so I'm going to have to pass...

Just a thought since we had some trouble at the last event with pit space and with class placement, lets meet before we go to the track. We could all meet for breakfast and cruise into the track at the same time. This should help on a pit space area and getting everyone in the right classes. If this sounds good let me know. So, a place to meet can be picked close to were everyone is coming from. Also we need to know how many will be attending the event so we can save enough pit space. Right now the following are coming for sure, anyone missing?

Vern w/Brenda
Donald w/Sharon
Carl
TJ w/friend
Troy
Scott
Sean (Big Kid)- hauling the gas grill
Shawn (Me) w/Melody and Kory

wink.gif

Shawn

[This message has been edited by RhinoRacn (edited 09-01-2000).]

sounds good shawn we can set it up sat at the car show. but i think the price club across the street from hoot's would be good time to be made. just mt 2 cents.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc #354

What time? I'll already be in KC, since I'm going by the Hubcap & Wheel Store to drop off another wheel to get done. Just tell me where to be when . . .
biggrin.gif

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

waszssup vern the hub cap and wheel store is
5min from sharon's house. what time will you be in town think we are going to meet a hoot's aroung 5 sat for the car show.

shawn is this right?

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc #354

vern or shawn
I plan to be there sunday abd maybe another lightning from nevada.. we went to the svt on track last sun in dallas area.. we need to get 1 set up 4 KC.. they are fun.. Is topeka the only road course close to kc?? TJO

Donald not sure what you are talking about price club? Anyway, 5 sounds good to me, I will not be able to be there until about 6 though. Which is not a big deal because I won't be in the lightning, Melody and Kory are coming with
smile.gif
So I will be in the Lumina
frown.gif
See everyone later. Oh Donald do you think KCIR will give Sean a hard time for bring a gas grill into the pits?

Back