Selling

Hey everyone. I'm looking to sell my 03L for $16000 obo.

Here is the whole story. Truck is currently running but is making a knockin/tapping sound. Ive spent alot of time trying to figure out what is wrong to no avail :(. I have lost all motivation to continue working on it and figuring out whats causing the sound :sigh:. So I decided to cut my loses and sell it for a low cost.

The truck has less then 18k on the clock and is in decent shape. There are scratches here and there on the body and some chips on the hood. The interior is clean and the seats have been covered with wet okole seat covers from day one. Everything works well on the truck. Tires were replaced 2k miles ago with Hankooks still lots of thread left.

Current list of mods are:
2.6L Kenne Bell
4# lower pulley
55# injectors
LFP ported heads
LFP stage II cams
EGR delete
JLP valve body
Metco lowers
SCT tuned by Naka
Dynojet WBC
Autometer oil pressure gauge
Autometer trans temp guage

If you know anyone who may be interested please call me at 387-8308
Thanks,
Tad

Hey guys I'm trying to get a new car so I'm willing to go lower on my price. Please call me and we can work something out.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Tad. I saw it on Craigslist and thought it was yours :(
Sounds like a sweet ride that you put alot of time and effort into.
Good luck man, but don't give it away!
Chan

Thanks man. Sorry I never got to help you with the TVS install. I still love my truck but right now I dont have the time or resources to figure out whats wrong with it.

No worries. The TVS went in fine. Stupid me left the shackle on the 2" hole instead of moving it to the 1". It sits pretty level but I'll probably change it to get a slight rake when the F1's are done.
If you want to part with the Metco's let me know.

Dunno why but I've been seeing L's everywhere lately. A super clean white '01-'02 in Waipio, Another white one on the freeway today. Silver '01-'02 @ the airport. Then the same one at the Mililani Town Center that night. A sweet black '01-'02? twice @ the airport with the flame around the oval on the tailgate, A sonic blue @ Anna Millers today. Then my Girlfriend today says she saw "A really nice black Lightning in Waipio today" Must be you Raiden!

Just fix it! hehe :eek:ldtu:

I saw that ad in craigslist too. I had a feeling that was yours, Tad. By the background, it looks like big island w/ the cinder on the ground.

It's too bad that you want to sell your Lightning. You did alot to it and I bet its hard for you to let it go.

Dash, that couldv'e been me since I had to stop by the bank in Foodland for some money (lost my card).

I no longer live in Waipio, anymore. I jsut bought a house in Mililani and we just moved in this past weekend. So were still unpacking...

so right now, the Lightning is on the "back burner" for now.

Welcome! When I'm not at the gf's in Waipio I'm at my place right by by Wal-Mart (She kicked me out lol).
Are you in Mauka or Town?

Got good news. Thanks to Chuck I wont be selling my L. I will be picking up his long block and some other goodies and rebuilding :D. Thanks Chuck you just relit the fire :eek:ldtu:.

Awwwwright! :cool: Glad you took my advice to just fix it :gl:. Just joking, but that is good news, Congrats! Good thing your motor starting knocking! :D

Back