self ported eaton,plenum done today...

prariedog

Chillin de Most
just spent the last 14hrs removing porting polishing eaton and plenum. it was a lot of work to get done in one day passed the seat of the pants test but will dyno in two weeks. I only have the stock boost pres gauge at this time but it pegs instantly with a noticible increase in blower whine. who else has done this I would love to see some pics if you have them

looks identical to steig without the secondary outlet port on outlet but all of the newly ported surfaces were glass beaded untill they would not get any smoother. also did plenum and c+l elbow. matched ,radiused all connections, really turned out well. sorry no Pics yet.

14 hours? wow... no offense.. but either you did a great job or you, didn't have the right tools for the job..

smokeshow said:
14 hours? wow... no offense.. but either you did a great job or you, didn't have the right tools for the job..
Have you ever polished anything??? Wetsanding and polishing take forever.

the 14 hours included blower r+r dissasembly porting and polishing the case inside porting the upper intake, matching all ports,the c+l elbow,glass beading all of the ported surfaces cleaning the intercooler,reasembly.and just a little touch up to the program.

cthunder55 said:
ahh the power of the dremel.

Good luck with that. It would take forever to remove any signifiicant amount of material with a dremel.

--Joe

Actuall yes I have... Done three blowers and several plenums/intakes...

Many different sizes and roughness (for lack of better word at this time) of deburring tools and Aircraft quality rotary files...

Did my intake in about 2-3 hours and about 6-7 hours for the blower... Yes, I do not spend as much time polishing as some of you guys, I will admit that is one technique/skill I need to work on. But with that in mind I am still 4 hours behind/ahead??? Does it really require that much more time/attention???

Here are a few of the tools... just a few...
RotaryFiles.jpg

And here is some of the pics of the plenum... and like I said.. I do need to polish more... But I just recently acquired a few polishing tools..

But is my porting that bad??? Do I not pay enough attention to detail? Or am I just faster at this than others or does polishing take that much longer??? Not trying to be an @$$.. just curious... tell me like it is.. I can take it...

NewerUpdatedPics037.jpg

NewerUpdatedPics033.jpg

Last edited:
Back