selecting computer codes for PSP chip??

L

Lightning247

How do we know which computer code we have? i.e. C3P1,2 for speed density 93-95 etc.

Christmas is coming up soon and Santa needs the computer codes so he can send me a chip!!

also looking at getting a Cam Motion custom roller cam, and roller rocker conversion. With the new cam, rockers, and my current mods (Bassani Headers, no cats+glass packs, MSD 6T ignition.) Is there going to be a significant difference with the chip? I know without a blower or NOS the chip doesn't exactly revolutionize the engine, but would there be a noticable difference?

Last Question and i'll leave you alone. After getting 15 inch rims the truck has gained alot of psuedo-miles. Will the chip be calibrated to read correctly? I also believe the current computer is lacking performance because it thinks it is turning 17inch wheels...just curious thanks alot!

------------------
Philip
93'L #247 of 5,276

best e.t.
9.25 in 1/8th bone stock

usf26.gif

[This message has been edited by Lightning247 (edited 12-06-2001).]

Phillip, there are two ways to get the code. The first was is open the drivers door, and look for a small white sticker on the front door jamb sort of where the fender and windshiled meet. But they do come off after time. If you don't have that sticker, then you can pull the E-brake assy and the PCM is right there. It's really easy, just 3 nuts and a wire and it falls on the floor.

If you get a cam, you will need to convert to mass air. Very few cams work without it. I CAN tune a truck for a cam with the stock PCM, but it's usually a game of trial and error, to get the VE tables right. You should see a gain with a cam, and with out a cam, you will still definately feel a difference with the chip.

I am pretty sure I can correct your tire problem, but have to double check that one.

------------------
SAL- Power Surge Performance
www.powersurgeperformance.net
01 Lightning
99 Lightning
95 Lighnting
91 SHO Plus (can't drive Lightnings every day)
sal.gif

Back