Second build up from the short block

Looks great! I meant to ask what length are your CalTrack bars? I had to go to a 21.5" bar (measured no end links).

Looks great! I meant to ask what length are your CalTrack bars? I had to go to a 21.5" bar (measured no end links).

I believe that the original ones were for a stock “lightning” and was 23 or 23.5” and they were almost too long with the bottom leaf removed and a 1” lowering shackle, but after lowering it 5”more with the axle flip I ordered the 22” and they fit very nice. I have plenty of adjustment both ways.

ab99771f104fa9104f0b42416062e61c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ohh! What was that Wilwood ebrake cable kit you used? 330-9371?

Sorry Mike. I haven’t been active for a bit. Yes it is the
Wilwood 330-9371 Parking Brake Cable Kit. With the wheel off set that I am running and the dual bead lock rims that I am running the cable hits the bead lock. Need to adjust …I would “assume” that with the stock rims/ offset that it would work pretty well without too much modification. Let me know if you tried it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry Mike. I haven’t been active for a bit. Yes it is the
Wilwood 330-9371 Parking Brake Cable Kit. With the wheel off set that I am running and the dual bead lock rims that I am running the cable hits the bead lock. Need to adjust …I would “assume” that with the stock rims/ offset that it would work pretty well without too much modification. Let me know if you tried it.

Ah no worries. I thought that was it and had already ordered it. It's sitting in my garage waiting on me. Thanks!

About time for an update!!! What's the latest??

No update on the truck really. I put the fuel system back together and I started working on the wiring. That’s where I kinda stalled out. Dang, months can fly by quickly. Last post in January. The next 7 weeks are going to be a whopper. Then hopefully things will settle down for a while.

Hope all is well Gary. I know you can’t wait to see this thing up and running again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back