Seating / Stereo install questions

B

BLoG

I am about to purchase a '93 L to upgrade from my 94 F-150 Longbed Reg Cab. My 94 has bench seats, and I have a long and shallow speaker box behind them with 2 12" Kicker subs.

Am I right in thinking all the 93's have 2 buckets and a console? Does anyone have a pic of it? Will my box fit back there? Will I have to dump my 12s? If so, does anyone have pics of a really trick stereo install in an L?

TIA guys, and I hope to be busting my dad's v8 dakota very soon now
smile.gif

All '93 Lightnings have the Center Consule. Depending on the depth of the box, and how long your legs are, it should fit. If it doesn't, you could make a new center consule and mount the subs in there. I thought of doing this and putting one of the new Square Solo-Baric's in it..But now I busy with the Ex-girlfriends twin sister's car...

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232

Not to sure about the 93's setup in the center but I'll tell you the way I went. It would have been immposible for me to put 2 12's behind the seat and still be comforatable with me being 6'3. I couldnt find a set of truck boxes that accomodated the slant of the seats and wouldnt put a huge bulge in my back. I was looking around the stereo shop and saw a box for 2 10's that is made to fit under the rear seat in a 97 and up 150. All i did was put what would be the front of the box in an x-cab to the bottom of the floor and mounted the amp in the space between the separate enclosures. Mounted the box to the wall so when I pull the seats foward they dont move. Hid all the wires and the outcome was great. It looks very custom and I can move the seats all the way back just like before. Hope this might help your situation for saving leg room.
Jason N.
95 Red #225

Back