Seatbelt compatibility

oilwell1415

Does anyone know if the 92-96 seatbelts will fit the 87-91 trucks? The cabs are the same, so they should. My driver's seatbelt buckle broke this morning on the way to work and the only truck specific units I can find are for 80-86 and 92-96.

I can't remember the years, but some pickups have shoulder reels above the rear speakers. Those would be different from '92-96s with reels near the floor. The colors changed in '94.

I can't remember either. I've had multiple trucks from each of those three generations and I can't for the life of me remember what the seatbelts were like in the earlier or later models. I also remember some with the reel up high, but I'm pretty sure that's the 79 and earlier. The cabs were all the same from 80-96, so it seems like all the seatbelts would bolt in with the only difference being appearance and some would have contacts to activate a seatbelt light. It doesn't help that mine has the wonderful whorehouse red interior that Ford loved so much back in the day. I've been trying to find picks on the internet, but so far no luck. A friend of mine has a Ford truck grave yard. I may go visit him this weekend and do some looking.

No, there were MANY changes to the cabs from '80-96. Mostly in the firewall for the wiring & steering column/shaft, but there were other changes. The floor changed in '90. The '80 (& maybe '81) seat belt was so different that the door is different from later years in the bottom rear corner (in addition to lacking a sill button hole).

Back