Saw a VW bug Turbo S

G

gasguzzler

Today I was down in Birch Run (near flint) and at the mall there was a VW Bug that had Turbo S badging on the back with Manufacturers plates. Upon closer look, it had a different back bumper that looked kinda similar to that of a Porsch, along with a 6-spd. manual and a slightly different front end. The speedo also went up to 160mph! For a Bug it looked kinda cool, anyone else ever see one of these or any magazine write-ups? - Brian

------------------
94 Red Lightning
SVT Build #1706
K-B Supercharger (7psi), BAP, and plug wires
K&N Filter, 180* Thermostat, Diesel Tube
Bassani x-pipe, Crane ps-91 coil and HI-6Tr Ign., Aeromotive FPR
EEC-Tuner

On Order:
level-ten shift kit
Rancho Torque Arms
30lb. injectors

My Other Toy:
78 Trans Am 400 w/nitrous

My father is a test driver for VW/Audi in Arizona. They put a ton of miles on brand new cars and drive them 24 hours a day in different shifts just to be able to figure out what happens to them over time. He drove a VW turbo beetle and called me to tell me that he "aired it out" on a long stretch of road out in the desert. He his 145mph in 6th gear and let off, he said it had more in it, but that was all he was willing to do.

He also said it is one quick little bugger(no pun intended). So look out, I dont think any L's will have problems with them, but if you are caught napping, you might find yourself having to play catchup to a Beetle.. JJ

------------------
JDM authorized distributor/installer....01 white lightning, JDM flip chip,JDM lower pulley,K&N drop in filter. Best ET so far, 12.992 @ 106.09 with a 60ft of 2.016 (on f1's)
Best 60ft 1.9364(on F1's)
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Had one pass me yesterday on the Interstate. Kind of a charcoal gray color and said turbo on the rear end. Sharp lookin' car.

------------------
Adam B.
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019
gallery80.jpg

I've seen the old "Pure Turbonium" commercials where they show the bug from a rear quarter shot, then it shrinks to nothing in a lightspeed second. Always thought that was cool. The car looks better than a regular bug also.

------------------
Stevie-Ray
NLOC #606
2000 Red L #3460 DOB 5-31
ARE LSII
BedRug
Custom mats
Clear tails
Keypad Entry
JL Stage II Ram Air
2001 Ranger 4X4 Daily Driver
9993917.jpg