Save the Date, May 19th!

1) We're nuclear power here.
2) I could charge for free at work vs my $400/month commuting fuel bill.

No Koolaid for me, thanks. I form my own opinions for my own reasons. I'm not a tree hugger, obviously, but I do see the practicality of electric commuter cars. I'm a conservative moderate, and I'm also a conservationist.

If it were just government saying that combustion has to go, I'd be willing to stick my flag in it not happening that way. However, some of the manufacturers were saying it first.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I’m sure some day I’ll own an electric vehicle but I’m still skeptical as of now. I will never be interested in an electric vehicle because of environmental reasons, it would only happen for performance or cost savings.

I’m not worried about my normal 35-40 min ride to and from work at all. But what I am worried about is the long term cost of ownership.

Do the batteries degrade over time?

If it’s a 240 mile range when new what about after 1 year and 18,000 miles?

What about after 2 years and 36,000 miles?

Will I be down to 200 mile range?

What about after 5 years and 90,000 miles, will the battery need replacing?

If so what will that cost?

Can I do it myself?

Do I have to pay to dispose of the battery?

So many unknown things that I would have to have cleared up for me before I’d purchase an electric vehicle.

I’m sure some day I’ll own an electric vehicle but I’m still skeptical as of now. I will never be interested in an electric vehicle because of environmental reasons, it would only happen for performance or cost savings.

I’m not worried about my normal 35-40 min ride to and from work at all. But what I am worried about is the long term cost of ownership.

Do the batteries degrade over time?

If it’s a 240 mile range when new what about after 1 year and 18,000 miles?

What about after 2 years and 36,000 miles?

Will I be down to 200 mile range?

What about after 5 years and 90,000 miles, will the battery need replacing?

If so what will that cost?

Can I do it myself?

Do I have to pay to dispose of the battery?

So many unknown things that I would have to have cleared up for me before I’d purchase an electric vehicle.

This is exactly what I've been tossing around also. That and repair cost.

I think that the vast majority of people with EV’s are commuting daily and plan to trade them in every 3 years or so. So far they are holding their value well and the total cost of ownership makes sense.
That’s the answer I get when talking to people about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how people are viewing purchasing pre owned EV vehicles. If people are reluctant to because of battery concerns that will kill trade in values and keep lease prices high.

I for one would be more apt to consider one if they came with a real good battery/powertrain warranty.

Exactly Elon quit taking bit coin because the mining process uses electricity. And I was thinking so does your cars?

Also a lot of people think it cost nothing to charge these. Here it's about $16 to home charge a full charge. Not free. I had one guy buy a volt then complain he couldn't charge it on base (navy yard) for free while he was at work.

'eh...I think it's more the mining of Bitcoins is taking up all the chips he needs to fill orders for the car. Looks at Ford....they have a stadium full of brand new F250's waiting for transport....they all need a chip. haha! Kinda why the Xbox and PS5 are not available to buy in stores yet.

I guess the honeymoon was brief. It was announced, then there was a flurry of posts on it. Now, nothing. LOL!

Back