Save the Date, May 19th!

I lost my excitement when the new Bronco was confirmed to not come with a V8. This is no cylinders!!! HAha! I couldn't care less! But yeah....sorry....my opinion doesn't matter anyways! Happy for the new people getting into the "Lightning" and maybe building interest in the OG's. Guess we'll see.

I get it, I guess my view is that people will buy the truck regardless of what anyone with a Gen1 or Gen 2 thinks. So why not welcome them in to our community?

I get it, I guess my view is that people will buy the truck regardless of what anyone with a Gen1 or Gen 2 thinks. So why not welcome them in to our community?

Oh yeah!! I'll welcome them!! And then try to convert them to the Gen 1/2! haha!!

It's weird though....will this be considered a generation? IDK. To me it's equivalent to a hybrid badge. It'll probably be badged as a Lightning from now on.

I'm definitely conflicted. I like new tech and performance but also like the ICE characteristics and modding options. At first I thought it might be the whole EV f150 line named lightning but someone broke it down on another forum that there were sport truck details. Not sure where it was.

All I have to say is that it better live up to all the hype Ford has put into this! After the huge disappointment with the Bronco I'm very skeptical!

Probably won't see to many of them here. Most people who buy electric vehicles are just doing it for virtue-signalling. They're not really performance oriented. And if they go anywhere, it'll be to damn FakeBook. That damn palce is the reason forums like this, LightningRodder, M109Riders, The Ranger Station, Stang.net, etc, are all so slow.

Probably won't see to many of them here. Most people who buy electric vehicles are just doing it for virtue-signalling. They're not really performance oriented. And if they go anywhere, it'll be to damn FakeBook. That damn palce is the reason forums like this, LightningRodder, M109Riders, The Ranger Station, Stang.net, etc, are all so slow.

Yup!! And I'm totally ok with that!! No need for all that trash/trolling/shytposting bloating this site! haha

I love my tesla Model 3 and its performance. But...... just like you guys i wish i could make it faster. Lol
So the only mods that can be done are cosmetic.
Im guessing the same will be for the new Lightning.

I'd drive a Model S as a commuter, especially a P85D or above. I don't think you can call that kind of moon shot acceleration "just virtue signaling."

Electric is the future - just like pressurized oiling replaced splash oiling and EFI replaced carbs. At every step forward, the change was resisted by those invested in the existing. We don't have to like it - but we might want to find a way, since eventually we won't really have a choice.

I've enjoyed my era. The rumbling exhaust part of my nature doesn't like the idea of driving a golf cart, even if it's a fast one. But, it's inevitable, so I might as well look at it rationally.

Well the USA better get a whole lot better infrastructure in place (for electric vehicles) and make large improvements in elec grid and capacity.

If everyone plugs in their cars and saps the power the buzz for electric will be short lived.

We are no where near ready for all electric transportation. 20-30 yra away at least to put all needed change in place imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the USA better get a whole lot better infrastructure in place (for electric vehicles) and make large improvements in elec grid and capacity.

If everyone plugs in their cars and saps the power the buzz for electric will be short lived.

We are no where near ready for all electric transportation. 20-30 yra away at least to put all needed change in place imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although i do agree that the power grid will have to be upgraded some,its not as bad as they make it out to be.
Millions of new homes, buildings and projects are built every year and are integrated into the existing power grid. So the grid is being upgraded along side the growth of these new homes,businesses,etc.
The peak demand for electricity is usually during the day while most EV owners charge at night. I have my car set up to start charging at 8pm even though its been plugged in earlier.
I for one didnt buy an EV to save the planet but because its a better car. The new model S plaid+ has been seen doing a 9.2 quarter mile.

I'd drive a Model S as a commuter, especially a P85D or above. I don't think you can call that kind of moon shot acceleration "just virtue signaling."

Electric is the future - just like pressurized oiling replaced splash oiling and EFI replaced carbs. At every step forward, the change was resisted by those invested in the existing. We don't have to like it - but we might want to find a way, since eventually we won't really have a choice.

I've enjoyed my era. The rumbling exhaust part of my nature doesn't like the idea of driving a golf cart, even if it's a fast one. But, it's inevitable, so I might as well look at it rationally.

Very eloquently put Jeff, EV are here to stay, at some point they might be replaced by Fuel cell vehicles or something else. Like the old saying goes, only thing that stays the same is change. I also meant to say electric cars are not some new fangled idea, some of the *very* first cars were electric. It's the battery tech that is catching up, and besides EVs guess who else is benefitting from those advancements? Racecars! Anyway hell yeah I'd rock a P85D or higher, electric aside it's a damn nice car.

And then you live somewhere like Texas, where the power was out for an extended period of time. And all you have is a sparky vehicle. Where you going? California has "Rolling blackouts" due to the amount of power generated isn't sufficient for existing demands. Where you going?

I don't believe it's inevitable. At least not in what time I have left on this planet. That makes me happy.

And then you live somewhere like Texas, where the power was out for an extended period of time. And all you have is a sparky vehicle. Where you going? California has "Rolling blackouts" due to the amount of power generated isn't sufficient for existing demands. Where you going?

I don't believe it's inevitable. At least not in what time I have left on this planet. That makes me happy.

Exactly. The US already doesn't produce enough electricity for our use. We actually purchase from outside sources. Guessing this will change as well down the road. Or we'll have Electric barons instead of oil barons.... LOL

Back