Saturday Night races

• Thread starter nineteen77ChevySS
  • Start date
N

nineteen77ChevySS

Actually, just one. But guess what I was paired up with? None other than another L (only things i ever get to race!!) My first time at the strip with my truck, , ever, but my truck made up for my inexperience.
Anyway, he was a 99 L, with chip and exhaust, different headers, all i know. Light goes green, we both spin, at about half track, i was about .5 trucks ahead, then my high gear comes and I start to pull ahead more. I finish about 3 trucks ahead.
my time---
60' 1.91
1/4 - 12.201 at 117mph
his time - ---
60' 2.01
1/4 12.91

Im loving my truck more and more everyday, I swear I can break 11, with some better tires, better heads, better cam..................................................

------------------
Why doesnt anyone mention full size Chevy's?

117mph w/ a full size is flyin'! That should be more than enough mph to go 11's.

Now I gotta ask, what's makin' all that power anyway?

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+
'91 GMC Syclone 12.0's@111.5,,,so far

all the power is a ZZ4 with blower. Polished heads, stock cam that came with ZZ4.
Tons on power (sorta) before blower. But picked up a blower and now it screams.

------------------

you can see my pics (hopefully) at ultimasurfa's website. He was kind enough to host them for me (if I qualify, y.know, with the Chevy and all
smile.gif
Its, slightly dressed up a little, the engine I mean, but you'll understand.

------------------

Nice time, now I'm really going to have to get that blower pulley.
wink.gif

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

fe5e42b8.gif

Back