Same stuff, different board!

wether it be Toyota talk or handling issues......... another R/T owner is shown the road to revalation, and atleast this one responds to being mostly wrong about what he said and how he said it..... I commend you Dapurple... on being honest and responding with humility.. I dont commend RT4U2NV for anything... as soon as he is called out.. he disapears.....

Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!! JJ

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip,JDM lower pulley,K&N drop in filter. Best ET so far, 13.02 @105.31mph
Best 60ft 1.9364(on F1's)
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:
another R/T owner is shown the road to revalation, and atleast this one responds to being mostly wrong about what he said and how he said it

</font>

Hold your tongue boy.........

I admitted I was wrong in the way I went about saying what I wanted and mad eitr seems as if the L didn't handle very well (it does). I still believe the R/T has an edge in handling, which is what I thought in the first place. So I haven't been led to revelation, just realized I didn't need to be so "potent" in stating it........

I think R/T's are cool as hell. I wonder if Chrysler plans to put the new 5.7 liter, 330 hp HEMI I read about in Mopar Muscle magazine in the R/T? I used to have a '69 Superbee (440, auto, stall converter, 3.90 sure-grip), hence my subscription to a Mopar mag. I have a soft spot for Mopars, especially big old C-bodies. Give me an early 60's Imperial and I'd be happy.

I have no idea about Hemi in the R/T, last word I heard was somewhere between 03-05, whenever DC decides they feel like it.

My truck is in the bodyshop getting repaired, it's the local Mopar dealership. Their bodyshop/service department fully restored a 69 Superbee and 81 Challenger R/T recently. They are gonna pull em all around and let me get some pics of em with my R/T, that'll be bitchin'.
biggrin.gif

Trust me, those cars are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Adam, the L can friggin handle INCREDIBLY for a fullsize,and the R/T only edges it due to size.

Those numbers ar enice, but there was ONE direct comparision of the trucks done on the same day, same course, same conditions, and the R/T pulled ~2MPH better in the slalom. I don't remember the Gs (I'd have to look it up) but I think the L pulled a few more Gs thanks to those F1s. I have to admit, Ford picked a winner when they picked that tire, but I can't imagine how much a replacement tire is.
eek.gif

I really wanna quit the fighting, Sorry I said that on Moparchat, it was much more smartass than I recall it being when typing it. LOL.

I'll admit this, the R/T doesn't out handle the L as bad as it SHOULD if the L didn't have such a damned nice suspension. Ford did do a complete package............

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 08-07-2001).]
</font>

That's cool, my only point to starting this whole thing was the R/T doesn't out handle the L, you say it does by a little and I still say it doesn't. I can live with that, sounds like the both of us are just standing behind our trucks which is natural.
Tires tested were both stock and if you put some F1's on an R/T I'm sure the skidpad would improve. As for the test you saw, I'm sure it exists but there's also tests in the L's favor so it's still up in the air.
Anyway, I was just tired of seeing the "the R/T handles better" used like a cigar dispenser in the oval office every time the L was brought up, it would be like me saying the L looks better which is an opinion, not fact.
All three trucks (gen1,2,R/T) handle great and that's the bottom line. Now, what else can we argue about?
smile.gif

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

Since cats only have four "fingers," what's that one doing?!?!?

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1993 Probe GT - daily driver
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

I have autocrossed against Lightnings with my R/T and I have yet to beat their times(and no Ryan, it wasn't my driving skills). I believe this is mainly due to the supercharger. While a magazine test may have a R/T winning a slalom against a Lightning, it doesn't hold true on a road course. Slaloms are held at a constant speed, increasing it with each pass. Autocrosses are a different story and I think they better represent the "real world" issues of handling.
All props to the Lightnings from me, they're fast in a straight line AND in the twisties.

Magazine racing sucks!

"13"

Whoa, this thread really took off!!! I'm glad I'm not on MoparChat anymore to clean that one up!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
That's cool, my only point to starting this whole thing was the R/T doesn't out handle the L, you say it does by a little and I still say it doesn't. I can live with that, sounds like the both of us are just standing behind our trucks which is natural.
Tires tested were both stock and if you put some F1's on an R/T I'm sure the skidpad would improve. As for the test you saw, I'm sure it exists but there's also tests in the L's favor so it's still up in the air.
Anyway, I was just tired of seeing the "the R/T handles better" used like a cigar dispenser in the oval office every time the L was brought up, it would be like me saying the L looks better which is an opinion, not fact.
All three trucks (gen1,2,R/T) handle great and that's the bottom line. Now, what else can we argue about?
smile.gif

</font>

Yeah they all rock and handle well.. but did Ford offer it in PURPLE??? ahahahaa nope! So there.. Purple rocks
wink.gif

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
DansBanner.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Purple Haze:
Yeah they all rock and handle well.. but did Ford offer it in PURPLE??? ahahahaa nope! So there.. Purple rocks
</font>
Please Ford won't even give us yellow. Rumor has it that 2002 they will drop white and a dark blue. What kind poop is that. Yellow yellow yellow.

wink.gif

Danno

</font>

Yessir, you got a point there.
wink.gif

The dealership hasn't touched my truck since last Fri. but they claim it'll be ready this Friday Morning, we'll see, they better be right!

wink.gif

Danno

</font>

Yessir, you got a point there.
wink.gif

The dealership hasn't touched my truck since last Fri. but they claim it'll be ready this Friday Morning, we'll see, they better be right!

wink.gif

Danno

</font>

Yeah, you got me with the grape thing
wink.gif
but do your headlights say R/T? mine say SVT
tongue.gif

My cab light says R/T.
smile.gif

DJ, that wasn't a flame, even looking at it again it doesn't look like a flame to me. I was just trying to figure out what cmyindy was talkin' about.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
wether it be Toyota talk or handling issues......... another R/T owner is shown the road to revalation, and atleast this one responds to being mostly wrong about what he said and how he said it..... I commend you Dapurple... on being honest and responding with humility.. I dont commend RT4U2NV for anything... as soon as he is called out.. he disapears.....</font>

LMAO! Whatver JJ. You are just full of self-fulfilling prophecies. I didn't get called and out and disappear. It was just that none of your posts were worth posting a reply too. I think you're just a little upset that even with all the debates involving the R/Ts, they are still liked more by your fellow L owners than you are!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: DJANIMATE
Yeah, you got me with the grape thing but do your headlights say R/T? mine say SVT </font>

Isn't that headlight thing only for the '01s?

Jeff S, you must be REALLY bored out there in Cali if you're counting the fingers on cats...

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620-March pullies, Bassani exhaust, MSD, NGK, Energy Suspension, Cal-Tracs, etc.
'84 Bronco II-replacement for the Honda
'86 Honda CRX-for sale

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
Yeah, you got me with the grape thing
wink.gif
but do your headlights say R/T? mine say SVT
tongue.gif

</font>

Hehehhe

Why would I care what my headlights say??
smile.gif
Only thing most ppl get to read is the tailgate... ahahaha

Sorry had too
smile.gif

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
DansBanner.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by captainoblivious:
Originally posted by Purple Haze:
</font>
Please Ford won't even give us yellow. Rumor has it that 2002 they will drop white and a dark blue. What kind poop is that. Yellow yellow yellow.

Thats ok. Mopar is killin all the good color choices for the R/T as well... theres Black, Red, White, some NASTY blue, and I mean nasty, and a couple others... sheesh. We had Yellow at one point, and Purple.. but they have both been canned... ah well.. makes mine rarer.

Danno
1 of 254

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
DansBanner.jpg

Mopar canned the yellow? Oh sh*t, that tears it! They ain't got any better sense of color than Ford. No, I take that back, cuz at least they offered it for awhile.
frown.gif

------------------
Stevie-Ray
NLOC #606
Double Aught Red L Gofastruck, #3460 DOB 5-31
ARE LSII
BedRug
Homedics BackExpert 2000
Custom mats
SVT Front End Cover
Clear tails
Keypad Entry
JL Stage II Ram Air
2001 Ranger 4X4 Daily Driver
9993917.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gitchi Manitou (edited 08-09-2001).]

I think the R/Ts are cool. A friend of mine has a yellow one and it was quicker than I thought...I like it alot. but I cant wait to get ahold of a 01'L. I think I will only see him in my mirror from then on..BTW street racing in bay area cali is a big time bust. but jus moved to sac..and there is a big scene here, plus local strip for legals. FYI

------------------
"IVE HAD POWER IN THE HANDS OF THE FEW...NOW IM READY TO RIDE THE LIGHTNING!!! KEEP POSTED COMING SOON!!

Back