Rules

I

Icepick

Hi all,

Does anyone know if its legal to have a water tank mounted in the bed for the WFC Lightning classes? I recall a NHRA rule about no liquid other than gas behind the firewall because its considered a ballast and certain classes could use ballast and other cannot... With all the forced power and intercoolers out there it seems this rule should not apply.... I know that some of the big boys in the NMCA run large water tanks in the trunks so I assume that several of the Pro-5.0 and outlaw guys are doing this as well???

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Dave P.

Dave,
I got my WFC rulebook a couple of days ago. It says "There are no specific rules to the class because this class is an Open Comp-style class." This applies to both Street and Pro Lightning classes.

Maybe that asnwers your question---but I am not too sure.

Kevin

What about running say a blower and Nitrous at the same time.Not that I would do that but will it be legal in street Lightning?

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
NLOC#495

View

dave dont think the water deal is a issue with the street l or pro l class rule's dont say anything about it. the guys in the other classes use that extra cell filled with water for a intercooler. but it count's toward the weight of the car.

marcus it does not sate that two power adders can not be used. so if it work's why not. It may put you in pro l though HEHE
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 03-25-2001).]

I can jet it so I can stay out of the Pro hehe.If I had it.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
NLOC#495

View

Oh yea Im going to try to have it set to run 12 flats so I wont be DQ for not having a cage running 11s.Cya

Do you think I will have any problems since mine is extended cab now. The frame and cab have been cut.
David"N2FORD"Ross
NLOC#44
94white#3800ext. cab

I would think that as long as it started at a Lightning, with a Lightning title, then, it's still a Lightning. Shouldn't be any problems.

Yea Im sure as long as it has the right VIN you are good to go.Besides we all know its a Lightning and its our class.We will let you run hehe,

Back